- To install SATA driver (Optional)
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs Please note that when installing either of theWindows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions. Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-TT1 Series:
1. Silent Stream (0 stream) function does not work for HDMI output.
2. Switching the Audio output between HDMI and built-in SPK/HP should be manually operated.
3. The audio format which can be output is PCM only. (AC3 and DTS, used for DVD, are converted into PCM 48kHz 2ch and output.)
4. When using Fn+F7 to switch the display from internal LCD display to HDMI output display, system will recognize HDMI device as one DVI device sometimes.
5. After changing brightness via Fn+F5/F6 key, the brightness does not be saved after restart the unit.
6. Plug and Display function does not work.
7. LCD brightness auto-adjustment function by illuminant censor does not work.
8. Fn+F9/F10 (Zoom in/Zoom out) function key can not be worked.
9. Sounds is not outputted when playback DVD title which is used Dolby Digital Sounds by Windows Media Player.
10. Notice Canceling Headphone is unsupported.
11. Rapid Electric Charge function does not work.
12. Hard disk Drive protection function can not be used.
13. Do not support Blu-ray drive function.
14. SSD RAID function is unsupported.
15. Sometimes the error message "System file cannot be updated" appears when installing TPM Professional Package.
16. Some contents in Bluetooth Utility help file are not correct.
17. There is no manual of how to use XP.
If the supplied XP installation disc is used to change the current Operating System to Windows XP Pro(This disc is only bundled with preinstalled Windows Vista Business models.), this driver need not be installed. Otherwise, proceed as below:
1. Find one external floppy disk drive and connect with the unit.
2. Insert a blank formatted floppy disk into the external floppy disk drive, and unzip the downloaded zip file.
3. Copy these 4 unzip files to the blank formatted floppy disk.
4. Start the Microsoft® Windows® Operating System setup by booting from the installation CD.
5. At the beginning of the Operating System setup, press theF6 key to install a third-party SAST or RAID driver.
6. When prompted, insert the floppy disk with the SATA driver files.
7. After reading the floppy disk, the SATA Controller will be presented. Select this driver to install (Please click PgUP button to choose Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller option). Finish the Windows® Operating System installation and install all necessary drivers.