About this download
* This BIOS firmware will resolve the following symptom:
1. Machine cannot resume from standby mode when pressing the keyboard or the power button while the machine is in DC mode.
File name: WinPhlash.exe
File size: 2.67 MB (2,801,664 bytes)
File name: R0107X1.WPH
File size: 513 KB (525,894 bytes)
- BIOS Upgrade Version R0107X1
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards.
NOTE: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference). Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the file to begin files extraction.
2. Start WinPhlash.
3. Click Browse. Select R0107X1.WPH from the temporary or download directory and click Open.
4. Click Flash BIOS.
5. Click OK to start the BIOS updating. It takes about one minute to complete the BIOS updating.
Do not touch, or turn off your computer when BIOS is updating.
6. Click Shutdown when the BIOS updating has finished. The VAIO computer will shut down.
7. Turn on the VAIO computer and press F2 immediately when the Sony VAIO logo appears.
8. At the PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility screen, check that the BIOS Version is R0107X1.
NOTE: If the BIOS Version R0107X1 is not displayed, download and repeat the above procedure again.
9. Press Esc and select Get Default Values by pressing the up or down arrow keys and press Enter. When Load default configuration now? appears, select Yes and press Enter.
10. Make sure that Exit (Save Changes) is selected and press Enter. When Save configuration changes and exit now? appears, select Yes and press Enter.
11. After the VAIO computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS version R0107X1 is completed.