About this download
This Update Program will resolve the following symptoms.
1. Optical drive becomes missing after the computer is restarted with some type of CD-R in the drive.
2. Windows fails to boot sometimes.
CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-243 Firmware TS14 update program
File name: QSFOPD-00961307-UN.exe
File size: 897 KB (918,536 bytes)
- To install CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-243 Firmware TS14 update program
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click QSFOPD-00961307-UN.exefile
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
Run QSFOPD-00961307-UN.exe again and it will display if the current firmware version of optical drive is TS14.