About this download
* This new driver will improve the following functionality support:
1. Pictures and files downloaded through the Wireless LAN may be corrupted.
Wireless LAN Driver Version 220.127.116.11
File name: WLAN9_0_0_60.exe
File size: 2.20 MB (2,315,352 bytes)
- Wireless LAN Driver Version 18.104.22.168
- Windows XP
NOTE: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
NOTE: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
NOTE: Please ensure that the Wireless LAN switch is off before proceeding with the upgrading process.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later). Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the file to extract the files.
2. Double-click WLAN9_0_0_60.exe and the Wireless LAN upgrade driver files will be copied into C:\Drivers\WirelessLAN.
3. Click Start, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
4. Click the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager.
5. Double-click on Network Adapters.
6. Right-click Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG Network Connection, click Update Driver. Select No, not this time option and click Next.
7. Select the Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) option and then click Next.
8. Select the Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option and then click Next.
9. Click Have Disk and then click Browse.
10. Search in C:\Drivers\WirelessLAN and select the w29n51.INF file. Click Open and then click OK.
11. Click Next and then click Finish.
When the installation is completed, please restart the computer.