About this download
This page provides instructions on how to update the firmware for Personal Audio System SRS-HG1 to version 4.04.
Benefits of Update:
- Maintenance for Chromecast built-in will be performed automatically when your network connection is available.
This software update also include previous update benefits and improvements:
- Added "Add Speaker" function.
- Added Voice guidance for Bluetooth pairing mode and battery remaining.
- Support Spotify Playback via Chromecast built-in.
- Added Multi Room function via Google Cast.
- Support music playback from SCMS-T devices via Bluetooth during Wireless Surround Function.
- Improve operation stability.
- Added “Wireless surround & Wireless Stereo” function.
- Support Hi-Res Audio Contents via Google Cast.
- Support mirroring function.
(Availability subjected to country by Google Inc.)
Version: 4.01 or lower
Note: If the version is displayed as 4.04, you do not need to update the firmware.
- Connect the unit to same network as smartphone with SONY | Music Center (SongPal) application via WiFi router device.
- Start up SONY | Music Center (SongPal) Application on your smart-phone.
- Select “h.ear go(SRS-HG1)xxxxxx”
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Other Settings”
- Confirm SRS-HG1 Version
How to Update
Software Update is available via internet (network) connection. Please check the following steps.
Note: You cannot update to the latest software, if the set is NOT connected to the internet (network).
Caution: If power indicator on the unit keeps flashing in Green even after pushing power button, push [RESET] button located at the bottom side of the unit.
Please update Software in the state connected to a power supply outlet by the supplied USB AC adapter.
Please connect to an power supply outlet before updating the software.
- Connect this unit to a power supply outlet.
- Connect the supplied USB AC adaptor and micro-USB cable.
- Connect the micro-USB cable to a DC IN 5 V jack.
- Connect USB AC adapter to a power supply outlet.
- Do not use other than the supplied USB AC adaptor, micro-USB cable, and AC power cord.
- Software update is only available when unit is connected to power supply.
- Connect to the internet (network).
- Connecting by SONY | Music Center (SongPal) of smartphone App
- Connecting by WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Connecting by PC
For details, please see instruction manual
- When the speaker is turning power on, Press the (on/standby) button, and turning power off.
- Press the (on/standby) button, then turning power on.
- Wait until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in orange.
Whenever a software update becomes available, the UPDATE button lights up.
- Press and hold the UPDATE button until beeps are heard.
When the latest software update starts, the UPDATE button flashes.
Note: The speaker is not operational while updating.
- The UPDATE button changes the blinking (interval and condition) by the update progress.
Note: Updating normally takes about 3 to 10 minutes. It may take more time depending on your network environment.
- The UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically after updating is completed.
- Check the firmware version here.
If all function LEDs are lit up
Firmware update failed. Press the (on/standby) button to turn off the speaker, then turn on again.
Make sure the speaker is connected to the internet and the UPDATE button is lit, then start updating again.
- Keep the speaker connected to the power supply and network while updating.
- DO NOT remove the AC power adaptor until completing the update.
- DO NOT power off during the update.
- System OS