Full Specifications & Features
- CAMERA TYPE
- Interchangeable lens digital camera
- Lens Mount
- SENSOR TYPE
- APS-C type (23.3 x 15.5 mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (Total)
- Approx. 27.0 megapixels
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- Still images: Approx. 26.0 megapixels max.,Movies: Approx. 19.9 megapixels max.
- OPTICAL LOW PASS FILTER
- COLOR TEMPERATURE RANGE
- 2500 K - 9900 K
- Anti-Dust System
Recording (still images)
- RECORDING FORMAT
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.32, MPF Baseline compliant), HEIF (MPEG-A MIAF compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 4.0 format compliant)
- IMAGE SIZE (PIXELS) [3:2]
- APS-C L: 6192 x 4128 (26 M), M: 4384 x 2920 (13 M), S: 3104 x 2064 (6.4 M)
- IMAGE QUALITY MODES
- RAW, JPEG, HEIF (4:2:0 / 4:2:2), RAW & JPEG, RAW & HEIF
- 14bit RAW
- Recording Format
- VIDEO COMPRESSION
- XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264,XAVC HS: MPEG-H HEVC/H.265
- AUDIO RECORDING FORMAT
- LPCM 2ch (48 kHz 16 bit)、LPCM 2ch (48 kHz 24 bit)、LPCM 4ch (48 kHz 24 bit)
Recording system (Movie)
- MOVIE RECORDING FORMAT (XAVC HS 4K)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 10bit) (Approx.):119.88p (200 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 10bit) (Approx.):100p (200 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 10bit) (Approx.):59.94p (150 Mbps / 75 Mbps / 45 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 10bit) (Approx.):50p (150 Mbps / 75 Mbps / 45 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 10bit) (Approx.):23.98p (100 Mbps / 50 Mbps / 30 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):119.88p (280 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):100p (280 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):59.94p (200 Mbps / 100 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):50p (200 Mbps / 100 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):23.98p (100 Mbps / 50 Mbps)
- MOVIE RECORDING FORMAT (XAVC S 4K)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):119.88p (200 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):100p (200 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):59.94p (150 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):50p (150 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):29.97p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):25p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):23.98p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):119.88p (280 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):100p (280 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):59.94p (200 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):50p (200 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):29.97p (140 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):25p (140 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):23.98p (100 Mbps)
- MOVIE RECORDING FORMAT (XAVC S HD)
- 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):119.88p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):100p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):59.94p (50 Mbps / 25 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):50p (50 Mbps / 25 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):29.97p (50 Mbps / 16 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):25p (50 Mbps / 16 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.):23.98p (50 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):59.94p (50 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):50p (50 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):29.97p (50 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):25p (50 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):23.98p (50 Mbps)
- MOVIE RECORDING FORMAT (XAVC S-I 4K)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):59.94p (600 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):50p (500 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):29.97p (300 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):25p (250 Mbps),3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):23.98p (240 Mbps)
- MOVIE RECORDING FORMAT (XAVC S-I HD)
- 1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):59.94p (222 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):50p (185 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):29.97p (111 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):25p (93 Mbps),1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.):23.98p (89 Mbps)
- SLOW & QUICK MOTION (SHOOTING FRAME RATE)
- PROXY RECORDING
- TC / UB
- RAW OUTPUT
- Memory Card Slot
- Slot for SD (UHS-I/II compliant) memory card
- FOCUS TYPE
- Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- FOCUS POINT
- Still images: Max. 759 points (phase-detection AF),Movies: Max. 495 points (phase-detection AF)
- FOCUS SENSITIVITY RANGE
- EV-3 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- RECOGNITION TARGET (STILL IMAGES)
- RECOGNITION TARGET (MOVIES)
- OTHER FEATURES
- AF Track Sens. (Still),AF Subj. Shift Sensitivity (Movie),AF Transition Speed (Movie),Switch V/H AF Area,AF Area Regist.,Circ. of Focus Point,Focus Map (Movie),AF Assist (Movie)
- AF ILLUMINATOR
- Yes (with Built-in LED type)
- METERING TYPE
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- METERING SENSITIVITY
- EV-3 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
- +/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- ISO SENSITIVITY
- Still images: ISO 100 - 32000 (expandable to ISO 50 - 102400), AUTO (ISO 100 - 6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit),Movies: ISO 100 - 32000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100 - 6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- ANTI-FLICKER SHOOT.
- 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (XGA OLED)
- Number of Dots
- 2 359 296 dots
- Approx. 1.07x (35 mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1
- -4.0 to +3.0 m-1
- Eye Point
- Approx. 22 mm from the eyepiece lens, 19.4 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1 m-1 (CIPA standard)
- Finder Frame Rate Selection
- NTSC mode: STD 60fps / HI 120fps, PAL mode: STD 50fps / HI 100fps
- Monitor Type
- 7.5 cm (3.0-type) type TFT
- TOUCH PANEL
- Number of Dots
- 1 036 800 dots
- Adjustable Angle
- Opening Angle: Approx. 176 °, Rotation Angle: Approx. 270 °
- OTHER FEATURES
- Soft Skin Effect,Creative Look,Custom function,Picture Profile,Time-lapse,Auto Framing,My Image Style
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (STILL IMAGES)
- Approx. 2x
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (MOVIES)
- Approx. 1.5x (4K), Approx. 2x (HD)
- Shutter Type
- Mechanical shutter / Electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed
- Still images (Mechanical shutter): 1/4000 to 30 s, Bulb,Still images (Electronic shutter): 1/8000 to 30 s,Movies: 1/8000 to 1 s
- Flash Sync. Speed
- 1/160 s
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- Yes (ON/OFF)
- Image sensor-shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Compensation Effect
- 5.0 stops (based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens mounted. Long exposure NR off.)
- Still images: On / Off,Movie: Active / Standard / Off
- Pre-flash TTL
- FLASH COMPENSATION
- +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- EXTERNAL FLASH COMPATIBILITY
- Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
- Hi+: 11 fps
- NO. OF FRAME RECORDABLE (APPROX.)
- JPEG Extra fine L: 143 frames,JPEG Fine L: over 1000 frames,JPEG Standard L: over 1000 frames,RAW: 59 frames,RAW & JPG: 44 frames,RAW (Lossless Compressed): 23 frames,RAW (Lossless Compressed) & JPEG: 18 frames
- Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
- Enlarged display mode,Protect,Rating,Shot Mark (Movie),Divider Frame,Crop,Photo Capture
- Screen Reader,Focus Magnifier,Focus Map (Movie),Peaking Display,Subject Recognition in AF,Touch Focus,Touch Tracking,Touch Shutter,Touch AE,Vari-angle LCD screen,Custom function
- PC INTERFACE
- Mass Storage / MTP
- MULTI / MICRO USB TERMINAL
- Yes (SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps (USB 3.2) compatible)
- Sync Terminal
- WIRELESS LAN (BUILT-IN)
- Yes (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz band/5 GHz band))
- Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.2 (2.4 GHz band))
- HDMI OUTPUT
- HDMI micro connector (Type-D),3840 x 2160 (59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 23.98p) / 1920 x 1080 (59.94p / 50p / 23.98p) / 1920 x 1080 (59.94i / 50i), YCbCr 4:2:2 10bit / RGB 8bit
- Multi Interface Shoe
- Yes (with Digital Audio Interface)
- Mic Terminal
- Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Headphone Terminal
- Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- REMOTE CONTROL (WIRELESS)
- Yes (Bluetooth remote control)
- LAN Terminal
- Send to smartphone,Remote control via smartphone,PC Remote
- VIDEO DATA FORMAT
- VIDEO RESOLUTION
- 3840 x 2160 (15p / 30p),3840 x 2160 (12.5p / 25p),1920 x 1080 (30p / 60p),1920 x 1080 (25p / 50p),1280 x 720 (30p),1280 x 720 (25p)
- AUDIO DATA FORMAT
- LPCM 2ch (16bit 48 kHz)
- Built-in, stereo
- Built-in, monaural
- Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion, Breathing (Movie)
- SUPPLIED BATTERY
- One rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 550 shots (Viewfinder) / Approx. 570 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, actual recording)
- Approx. 95 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 100 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording)
- Approx. 190 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 185 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Internal Battery Charge
- Yes (Available with USB Type-C Terminal. USB Power Delivery compatible)
- USB POWER SUPPLY
- Yes (Available with USB Type-C Terminal. USB Power Delivery compatible)
- Power consumption with Viewfinder
- Still images: Approx. 3.6 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached),Movies: Approx. 5.2 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Power consumption with LCD screen
- Still images: Approx. 3.5 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached),Movies: Approx. 5.3 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- BODY ONLY
- Approx. 409 g /Approx. 0 lb 14.5 oz
- WEIGHT (WITH BATTERY AND MEMORY CARD INCLUDED)
- Approx. 493 g / Approx. 1 lb 1.4 oz
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 122.0 x 69.0 x 75.1 mm, Approx. 122.0 x 69.0 x 63.6 mm (from grip to monitor)/Approx. 4 7/8 x 2 3/4 x 3 inches, Approx. 4 7/8 x 2 3/4 x 2 5/8 inches (from grip to monitor)
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE
- 0 - 40 ℃ / 32 - 104 °F
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100,Shoulder strap,Body cap,Accessory shoe cap,Eyepiece cup
AI Processing Unit
The α6700’s AF system delivers dramatically enhanced overall performance, drawing on major improvements in subject recognition performance. Deep learning technology supports powerful Real-time Recognition AF and more reliable Real-time Tracking of a wider variety of subjects.
A new level of image quality
The advanced Exmor R CMOS image sensor with 26.0 effective megapixels is packed with Sony's image sensor technologies, offering extraordinary sensitivity, resolution and dynamic range. This combines with the new powerful BIONZ XR™ image processing engine to deliver natural gradations and realistic colours. The camera allows for sensitivity settings from ISO 100 to ISO 32000 for both stills and movies, providing even more flexibility for shooting in a wide variety of settings, including indoors and low light.
Optical 5-axis image stabilisation
Shoot hand-held or in low light with confidence. The 5-axis in-body optical image stabilisation system detects and compensates for various types of camera shake. The latest precision gyro sensors provide image stabilisation that’s equivalent to a 5-step increase in shutter speed — ideal for slow shutter photography, such as when shooting indoors or night scenes. An updated algorithm detects pixel-level camera shake, resulting in more effective stabilisation than previous models.  Yaw  Roll  Pitch
Selectable RAW image sizes and quality
In addition to compressed RAW capture, the α6700 supports lossless compressed RAW capture, achieving high-speed compression without image degradation that allows a greater number of high-quality images to be captured in continuous bursts. A new Light image quality option that generates less data is provided for JPEG and HEIF images.
Creative Look offers greater creative flexibility with added simplicity. It provides 10 presets that can be used just as they are or adjusted to suit the subject or scene, whether you’re shooting stills, movies or live-streaming. You can easily set the mood ahead of shooting so your images are ready to share immediately.
10-bit HEIF still-image format for smooth gradations
For the first time in an APS-C camera, the α6700 includes the HEIF (High Efficiency Image File) format with smooth 10-bit gradations for more realistic reproduction of skies and portrait skin tones without banding. The HEIF format also uses advanced compression technology to maintain image quality while significantly reducing file size and saving storage space.
Real-time Recognition AF for human
The α6700 uses subject form data to recognise movement, achieving greatly improved human eye recognition. It also employs learned human forms and postures to precisely recognise body and head positions, making it possible to lock onto and track a subject facing away from the camera, or with their face obscured by sunglasses or a helmet.
Real-time Recognition AF for wider range of subjects
In addition to humans and animals, the α6700 now recognises birds, insects, cars, trains and airplanes, providing even greater flexibility and reliability when shooting both stills and movies. Heads and bodies are recognised in addition to eyes (Real-time Eye AF) for the Human and Animal settings, and now for the Bird setting too, with animal recognition performance more than 40% higher compared to the α6600.
Faster, more precise AF system
The immense processing power and updated algorithms of the new BIONZ XR engine achieve notably improved AF performance, with up to 759 phase detection points, covering approximately 93% of the image area when shooting stills. Deep learning technology supports powerful Real-time Recognition AF as well as more reliable Real-time Tracking, in turn supported by higher Fast Hybrid AF performance over a wider area.
Shoot more than 1000 images at high speed
The α6700’s powerful BIONZ XR processing engine combines with a large buffer memory to boost write speeds to memory cards, so that the camera can shoot more than 1000 JPEG images, up to 59 compressed RAW images, or up to 23 lossless compressed RAW images in continuous high-speed bursts. The camera can also shoot silently and continuously with the camera’s noiseless, vibration-free electronic shutter at speeds up to 11 fps with full resolution and AF/AE tracking.
Accurate AF in low EV -3.0 light
The latest AF algorithms achieve high AF precision down to light levels as low as EV -3.0 in AF-S mode (ISO 100 equivalent, F2.0 lens). The Focus Priority mode also provides more reliable AF in low light or when using smaller apertures.
When shooting stills with AF-C or AF-S autofocus, the lens's focus ring can be rotated to instantly switch to manual focus mode at any time. This makes it easy to switch focus to a different subject on the fly.
Focus bracketing to capture the best shot
The α6700 can automatically shoot up to 299 images with sequentially shifted focus points according to custom intervals and a sequence specified by you. Pick the perfect shot, or post-process multiple shots to achieve creative composites with incredible depth of focus.
Outstanding 4K movie recording
The α6700 captures 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) at up to 60p (50p) using Sony’s proprietary 6K oversampling technology. By compressing this expanded detail into the output, it achieves 4K video quality with outstanding definition, even at higher frame rates. The camera also supports high-quality XAVC S-I (All-Intra) and XAVC HS formats with 10-bit 4:2:2 colour sampling.
Incorporating the same colour science as the highly regarded CineAlta and Cinema Line, the α6700 includes Sony’s S-Cinetone picture profile as a preset, delivering images with more faithful colour reproduction and natural skin tones.
S-Log3 gamma curve with 14+ stops of latitude
S-Log3 gamma curve with 14+ stops of latitude (45)The S-Log3 gamma curve emphasises gradation characteristics from shadows to mid-grey (18% grey), achieving up to 14+ stops of latitude for creative colour grading possibilities.
Import and use custom LUT files
See how your footage will look in post-processing while you’re shooting S-Log. The α6700 allows you to import a user LUT (Look Up Table) in the .cube format that can be applied to the camera’s monitor image to preview what the images will look like when the LUT is applied in post-production.
Smarter Real-time Tracking
The upgraded and more reliable AI-based Real-time Tracking makes shooting in a wider range of situations simpler, leaving you free to concentrate on framing and composition. The α6700 can even track people wearing helmets, or animals facing away from the camera.
High frame rate 4K 120p recording
High frame rate recording at up to 120p for 4K QFHD (3840 x 2160) output makes it possible to capture high-resolution movies in-camera. This expands creative possibilities in post-production by allowing subject motion to be emphasised or transformed into smooth slow motion. S&Q mode also enables recording of slow or quick motion sequences in camera from the outset.
Active Mode for enhanced movie image stabilisation
Active Mode provides powerful image stabilisation for handheld movie shooting. The α6700 can accurately detect camera shake which is then precisely compensated for optically, providing highly effective stabilisation without sacrificing mobility, even when shooting 4K.
AI-based Auto Framing for movies
Through AI-based subject recognition technology, the Auto Framing feature automatically crops the frame to keep the subject in a prominent position when shooting movies. Even if the camera is mounted on an unmanned tripod, framing is continually adjusted so that recorded footage looks like the subject was being followed by an experienced camera operator.
In-camera time-lapse creation
The in-camera time-lapse function allows you to create time-lapse videos within the camera itself. The exposure interval can be set from 1 second to 60 seconds, making it easy to compress slow action into enjoyable time-lapse sequences. When a compatible video light (sold separately) is attached to the camera, it can be set to turn on just before each exposure so that time-lapse sequences can be shot in low-light settings.
Breathing compensation for consistent angle of view
When shooting movies with compatible lenses, breathing compensation uses Clear Image Zoom technology to maintain a consistent angle of view, suppressing changes that may occur due to shifts in focus position. Breathing metadata can also be used in post-production.
Focus tools for shooting video
Movie making is made simpler with the Focus Map function that allows you to visualise depth of field when recording video. Focus information is overlaid on the live view display in real time so that you can easily identify the in-focus and out-of-focus areas — particularly useful when shooting with a large-aperture to create a narrow depth of field. The camera also offers peaking display, making it possible to check auto and manual focus while recording.
High-performance electronic viewfinder
A 2.36 million-dot (approx.) XGA OLED electronic viewfinder with approximately 1.07x magnification renders your world in exceptional detail. With twice the brightness of the α6600, and a wider 33-degree viewing angle, it offers clear, easy viewing while shooting. The finder frame rate can be set to 120 fps — twice the standard rate — for a smooth viewfinder image, with minimum display motion blur when tracking and shooting moving subjects.
View from every angle
Whether you’re shooting handheld or with gimbal, the α6700’s large 3.0-type 1.03 million-dot (approx.) touch-panel LCD monitor provides broad positioning and framing freedom so you can capture the shots you need. It also provides a huge advantage for very low ground-level shots, or other narrow shooting environments, giving you plenty of creative options for handheld and gimbal-mounted shooting of stills and movies.
Intuitive touch control
Just touch the screen to easily activate key functions, such as selecting a focus point or subject to track, or triggering the shutter. Swiping in from the left or right edge of the shooting display reveals touch icons that allow quick changes to the shooting mode and other settings. The function (Fn) menu can also be displayed by a simple swipe-up. During playback, you can easily select and zoom into images through taps and intuitive pinch-out/pinch-in gestures.
Easy and stable smartphone connectivity
Make the most of the α6700’s greatly enhanced connection stability with Sony’s free Creators’ App that enables simple transfers of photos and movies to your smartphone or tablet. Transfers continue in the background even if the smartphone display sleeps or a different app is launched. You can also use your smartphone to control the camera remotely. Plus, improved high-performance wireless connectivity makes backing-up, sharing and working with remote teams even smoother.
Stream high-quality live content
Connect the α6700 to a personal computer or smartphone via USB to turn it into a 4K (2160p) webcam with advanced AF functions that make online meetings and live streaming events even smoother.
The α6700 is built for tough working environments while maintaining its compact size thanks to its durable yet lightweight magnesium alloy chassis. It is also equipped with a reliable low-vibration shutter, tested to perform beyond 200,000 shutter cycles.
USB PD (Power Delivery) supports fast charging
USB PD (Power Delivery) is supported for fast in-camera battery charging, supplying 3 to 4 times more power than previous models. A USB charger or mobile battery that supports USB PD can be connected to the camera's USB Type-C® port so you can undertake extended shoots with ample power supply.
Recycled materials in our digital camera products
Sony cameras are partly made with SORPLAS™, a repeatedly recyclable, durable, high-quality material developed in-house. We specifically designed it to reduce stress on the environment without compromising performance or functionality in any way. 379 tons of virgin plastic have been replaced by recycled plastics in our digital cameras and digital video cameras over approximately the past ten years.