What to do when the television automatically changes channels, video inputs or volume?
The television changes channels, video inputs or raises and lowers the volume by itself.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the television changes channels, video inputs or raises and lowers the volume by itself.
IMPORTANT: If the television is connected to a cable or satellite set top box, change the signal source on the television. If this resolves the issue, contact your cable company or satellite set top box manufacturer for assistance.
- Take the batteries out of the television remote control.
NOTE: If the issue is resolved, check the remote control for any buttons that may be stuck which could be causing the undesired operation. If no stuck buttons can be found, the remote control may be faulty.
- Turn off the television.
- Unplug the power cord of the television from the AC outlet.
- Let the television sit without power for 2 minutes.
- Plug the television power cord back into the AC outlet.
- Turn on the television.
- Check the television for any buttons that may be stuck which could be causing the undesired operation.
- Auto program the channels on the television.
- In some rare instances, use of other wireless infrared devices in close proximity may cause this type of issue. Move the other devices away from the television.
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required.