IMPORTANT: A limited number of Sony cameras do not support USB connectivity with the Windows Vista operating system and cannot use this procedure.
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
- Insert the recording media containing the pictures into the camera.
- Depending on your camera, set the USB Connection or Transfer mode setting in the menu to the Mass Storage, Normal, or PTP.
- Use the USB cable supplied with the camera to connect the camera to the computer.
- Connection through a USB hub or other USB device such as a printer or keyboard is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
- If the USB connection from the camera is not recognized by the computer, disconnect the USB cable and repeat steps 4 and 5 using a different USB Connection or Transfer mode setting. If the connection is still not recognized, further troubleshooting is available .
- The computer will automatically install the USB driver for the camera.
- When the camera connection is established, an AutoPlay window will appear.
- In the AutoPlay window, click Import pictures.
- In the Importing Pictures and Videos window, click the Import button.
NOTE: After the pictures have been imported, the Windows Photo Gallery window will appear and display thumbnails of the imported images.