Each of these steps below represents a possible solution to this issue, check to see if the issue has been resolved after trying each step.
- Make sure that the BRAVIA® Smart Stick is securely connected to the MHL™ input on the TV.
NOTE: The HDMI input labeled MHL on the TV must be used when connecting the Smart Stick.
- Make sure that all of the cables are securely connected to the Smart Stick and to your TV.
NOTE: The easiest way to make sure is to unplug each cable and plug it back in making sure that the connection is tight and secure.
- Make sure that the TV is set to the correct HDMI input. Using the remote supplied with the TV, press the input button to change the input.
- Make sure that the white power indicator on the Smart Stick is on. If it is not this is an indication that the Smart Stick is not receiving power. Check the USB connection and consider replacing the Micro USB cable.
- Connect a cable box or satellite receiver to the HDMI IN jack on the Smart Stick. When you press TV, GUIDE, or DVR button on the remote control, the image from the device connected to the HDMI IN jack will appear on the TV screen. Press HOME on the remote control, and then select any application other than Live TV to return to the Smart Stick screen.
- Turn off the TV, disconnect and reconnect the Smart Stick.
The steps in the solution should resolve your issue, if the issue persists try connecting a different source device to the MHL connection on the TV.
- If the Source device also does not display a picture, the TV may require service.
- If the source device displays a signal, the Smart Stick may require service.