The Android TV can be connected directly with a Screen mirroring and Miracast compatible device without the use of a cable or wireless router (or access point).
A connection must be made by selecting mirroring on the TV and on the source device.
Refer to the list of Wi-Fi Certified Miracast devices found on the Wi-Fi Alliance website for more details.
- Connectivity with all Miracast compatible devices is not guaranteed.
- Apple devices do not support Screen mirroring (as of November 2014).
- If your device does not support screen mirroring, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function to display photos or play videos/music stored in the device on the TV
To register your device to the TV
- Press the INPUT button on the TV remote, select Screen mirroring using the / buttons, then press the Enter button.
* The TV goes into standby and waits for a connection from a mobile device. While the standby screen for the Screen mirroring is displayed, the wireless connection between the TV and your wireless router (access point) is disconnected, therefore communication via the Internet is stopped.
- Connect your Screen-mirroring-compatible mobile device to the TV. Configure your mobile device to connect to the TV.
The instructions below use Xperia (Android 4.4) as an example.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Xperia Connectivity.
- Select Screen mirroring.
- On the Screen mirroring screen, tap Start.
- Select OK.
- Tap the name of your TV.
To list connected devices/deregister devices
- Press the HOME button of the supplied remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to Network and press Enter.
- Select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Select device list/Delete
NOTE: Connecting devices must conform to the following:
- Screen mirroring compatible devices: 2.4GHz connection (5GHz not supported).
- Miracast compatible devices: 2.4GHz connection (5GHz not supported).