What is JEITA A measuring standard?
JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.
Right-click on the Desktop→ Personalize →Screen saver→ None
2. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Open volume Mixer→ Mute
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Show main dialog→ Deselect Enable Wireless LAN→ Click Apply
4. Complete the initial settings of McAfee Security Center.
5. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Start→ Control panel→ Windows update→ Automatic updating off
Common settings in Control Panel - Power Options
1. Go to Control Panel - Power Options, select VAIO Maximum Battery
VAIO Maximum Battery is hidden under Show additional plans by default.
1. Turn off the display: Never
2. Put the computer to sleep: Never
VAIO Power Management
Go to Change advanced power settings - VAIO Power Management - Advanced button
1. Leave Enable VAIO Power Management selected.
2. Unselect Automatically hibernate when computer goes into a low-power state.
Adjust the brightness of the LCD
Change the brightness level to 0 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
For VGN-AW15G, please hange the brightness level to 1 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
Please refer to the steps below
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.