About installing the Microsoft® Windows Media® Player version 11 software included with the Walkman® MP3 player.
- Ensure the computer meets the following operating system requirements:
Windows Vista® SP1, Windows® XP SP 2 or later operating system (excluding Media Center Edition, Media Center Edition 2004 & 2005, 64-bit OS versions, and OS versions not supported by Microsoft).
- If installing on a computer running the Windows® XP operating system, verify that Service Pack 2 (SP2) is installed before installing the Windows Media Player 11.
- Insert the WALKMAN Software Setup CD into the CD drive of the computer.
- In the Welcome screen, click Yes.
- In the Software Install screen, click Windows Media Player 11.
- In the right pane, click Install.
NOTE: If the message to validate the copy of Windows is displayed, click the Validate button.
- In the Thank you for choosing Windows Media Player 11 screen, click I Accept to accept the License Agreement.
- In the Choose the initial settings for the Windows Media Player screen, click to select Express Settings (Recommended) and then click Finish.
- Close the WALKMAN Software Setup.
Note: Windows Media Player 11 can also be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx