- Xperia devices with an OLED screen
You might experience that images, such as small icons, might be visible as permanent faint shadows even when not displayed. This is a characteristic typical of an OLED screen and it might occur after very long usage with high resolution images always displayed in the same position.
Your Xperia software will prevent or mitigate burn-in images under normal usage and conditions. You can also help prevent burn-in images by adjusting the brightness level, turning on Adaptive brightness, and shorten the time for the display to enter Sleep mode.
To adjust the brightness level
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Brightness level.
- Drag the slider to set the brightness level as dark, but still readable, as possible.
To turn on Adaptive brightness
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Adaptive brightness.
- Tap the slider beside Adaptive brightness to turn the feature on.
To set the time for Sleep mode
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Sleep.
- Select a short time such as 15 seconds.