The steps below will assist you with copying the pictures from your camera to the computer. If you require model-specific information about the camera to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
- Insert the recording media with the pictures into the camera.
- Set the USB Connection or Transfer mode setting in the camera menu to Normal, Mass Storage, or PTP.
- Using the USB cable supplied with the camera, connect the camera to the USB port on the computer.
- Connection through a USB hub or other USB device (such as a printer or keyboard) is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. The camera should be connected directly to a USB port on the computer.
- If the USB connection is not recognized by the computer, disconnect the USB cable and repeat steps 4 and 5 using a different USB Connection or Transfer mode setting.
NOTE: The Image Capture software should start automatically. If it does not, follow the steps below to open it manually:
- On the Finder bar at the top of the computer screen, click Go and then click Applications in the drop-down menu.
- In the Applications window, in the right-hand column, click Image Capture.
- In the window that appears on the computer screen, do one of the following:
- To copy all the pictures from the camera, click the Download All button
- To copy only a few pictures from the camera, click the Download Some button and perform the following steps:
- On the computer keyboard, press and hold the Shift key.
- While holding the Shift key, click to select each image you want to copy.
- Click the Download button.