IMPORTANT: Not all Sony Headphones and Speakers have Bluetooth capability. To verify whether your Sony product has this function, check the specifications on the manual supplied with the product.
According to your computer setup (operating system, speakers configuration, etc.), the procedure you have to go through in order to successfully pair your headphones or speakers with your computer - and hear sound through them - will vary.
- Make sure to turn up the volume level on the computer.
- Place your device within one meter of the computer.
- Make sure your computer supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Bluetooth profile.
- The drivers needed to connect your device to a computer are already included in the operating system.
- If your computer is asking for a Bluetooth driver, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're using a VAIO computer, Bluetooth drivers are available online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Pair your headphones or speaker to the computer
Select your operating system below for steps on how to pair your device with a computer.
Note: If you still can't pair your device to your computer or no sound is heard, pair it to a different Bluetooth device such as a computer, smartphone, or tablet that supports A2DP profile.