This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Introduces an updated version of Google Cast to implement the new Night Mode feature
The Night mode feature allows you to reduce LED brightness and speaker volume level during a preset period on the Google Home application.
- Removes the option to take over the Bluetooth connection via NFC one-touch by another device
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Improves voice recognition
- Enables users to change the clock format (12 h/24 h)
- Adds a new function: enables users to link back to the last connected device by pressing the Bluetooth button
- Firmware update 41868088 for LF-S50G
Check the firmware version
If the version is displayed as "20034052" or lower, we strongly recommend updating the firmware.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Connect the unit to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone, using the "Google Home" application.
- Start up the "Google Home" application on your smartphone.
- Select "Home" icon.
- Select the LF-S50G, click the device icon.
- Click the device settings icon.
- System firmware version will appear in the Information category.
The software update of this product will be automatically updated to the latest software version while connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. The software update will be delivered from time to time when a new feature becomes available or the update is required for stable use.
- You cannot disable the automatic software update.
- Previous versions of the software cannot be retrieved.
- Do not power off the product while updating. The product may not be operational while updating.
- By using this product, agreement to Sony's EULA is necessary.
- Software for this product is automatically updated from time to time, and you cannot choose or refuse to download this automatically-updated software.
- During the update, the LED will blink white and the clock will count from 0 to 100.