About this download
This program will upgrade IR-receiver FW to Ver.1.00 and resolve the following symptoms.
1. The IR-receiver freezes when using the CEC functions continuously.
The following new features are supported in this upgrade version also:
1. CIR's CEC buffer is increased from 16byte to 24byte.
2. Add CEC buffer overflow check bit, and if overflow bit is 1, then the IR-receiver does not input CEC data to CEC buffer.
IR-receiver FW update program Version 1.00
File name: EP0000151157.exe
File size: 10.2 MB (10,760,301 bytes)
- To install IR-receiver FW update program Version 1.00
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Please go to the directory where the file was downloaded and right-click EP0000151157.exe.
3. Please run the application as administrator.
4. When the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Continue.
5. Choose Setup Language and press OK.
6. During installation of the patch, a Windows Security message appears prompting the selection on installing the driver which is not verified. This driver not influence the computer. Select Install this software anyway.
7. If updating is finished successfully, device updated successfully. appears. Click OK.
To check if the updating is successful
Check that c:/program files/sony/CIR USB ROM Writer/Receiver Update/version.txt indicates the latest update day for this file as '2008-04-09-09:08:14.