About this download
Benefits and improvements:
- Support change of contents distribution method of SHOUTcast Internet radio.
This firmware update support API change of SHOUTcast server. There is no change for specification of SHOUTcast functionality.
Note: It may not possible to listen to the contents if the delivery service close or the contents transmission system is changed.
What you need
- Windows PC with access to the internet
- LAN cable to connect your receiver to the internet
- Supplied CD-ROM
- Setup Manager 1.0
- Operating System
- For Setup Manager 1.0 Windows 7 Starter/Home Premium/ Professional/ Ultimate (32 bit/64 bit) Windows Vista Home Basic/ Home Premium/ Business/Ultimate (SP2, 32 bit/64 bit) Windows XP Home Edition/ Professional (SP3, 32 bit)
- Minimum Computer requirements:
- CPU: Celeron
- Clock Speed: 1 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM) (Windows XP): 512 MB or more
- HDD: 20 MB or more free disk space.
280 MB free disk space is required when .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed.
- Display: 1024 × 768, High Color (65536 colors) or higher resolution
- Network: 100Base-TX or higher
Setup Manager Installation
The Setup Manager software is required to perform the firmware update. Follow the steps below to install the Setup Manager software on your computer:
Note: It is not necessary to install the Setup Manager if you have previously install this utility.
- Power on your computer and login as administrator or with an account with administrator rights.
- Insert the the supplied Setup Manager CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- The installation launcher automatically starts and displays the Software Setup screen.
- If the installation launcher does not start, navigate to the CD-ROM files and double-click the "SetupLauncher.exe" file
- If you do not have the Setup Manager CD, download here the Setup Manager application to your computer , open the downloaded folder, and then double-click the "SetupLauncher.exe" file
- Install the Setup Manager application software following the instructions given in the message on the screen.
- At the "Welcome to the Software Setup" screen, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I accept the terms of the license agreement", and then click "Next".
- At the "Software Setup" screen, under "Software" click the Setup Manager icon.
- At the "Software Setup screen", under Setup Manager click Install.
- At the "Welcome to the ES Installer" screen, click Next.
- At the "Setup Type" screen, select Custom , and then click Next.
- At the "Choose a Destination Folder" screen, click Next.
- At the "Add a desktop shortcut" screen, select Add a shortcut to the desktop , and then click Next.
- At the "Install the program" screen, click Install.
- At the "Setup Manager was successfully installed" screen, click Finish.
The software is installed and the Setup Manager icon is placed on your desktop.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Download the firmware file to your Desktop.
- Connect the receiver to network using a LAN cable.
- Ensure the receiver is connected to the TV.
- Power on the receiver and wait 30-50 seconds for the U-com communication.
- On the receiver remote commander press GUI MODE to show GUI MODE ON in the display window.
- Ensure the TV is powered on. The menu is displayed on the TV screen.
Note: If your receiver has already been configured to connect with your home network, please skip to step 11
- On the remote commander, use the up/down arrow buttons to select Settings - Network - Network Setup.
- At the Network Setup menu, select Internet Setup .
- At the Internet Setup screen, select Connect Automatically (DHCP) .
The message "Connecting... Please wait." may appear.
- When the receiver has successfully connected to the network, select Finish and press the Enter button.
- On the remote commander press GUI MODE button to display GUI MODE OFF in the display window of the receiver.
- On the remote commander press the MENU buttons, select System Settings and then press the Enter button.
- Use the up/down arrow buttons to select UPDATE(PC) and then press the Enter button.
- Use the up/down arrow buttons to select PERMIT.
- On the computer double-click Setup Manager.
- Double-click the Receiver connecting the network.
- At the "Setup Manager" screen, move the scroll bar on the left to select System.
- At the "System Settings" screen, to the right of "File Path", click Browse to locate the file you downloaded (A36E_1032.zip).
- Click Start Update.
- At the "Start Update" screen, click Yes to start the update process. This update takes 15-30 minutes to complete.
Note: The MULTI CHANNEL DECODING lamp on the front panel flashes while updating. After the updating complete, the flashing will disappear.
- After the update completes, click Exit.
- Power off the receiver and disconnect from the computer.
The firmware software update is complete.
Need more information?
How can I check the software version in the receiver?
- On the remote commander, press the GUI MODE button to display GUI MODE OFF in the display window of the receiver.
- On the remote commander, press the MENU button, then press the up/down arrow buttons to select System Settings , and then press the enter button.
- Use the up/down arrow buttons to select VERSION x.xxx. This will display the current version information for the receiver.
In case update has not been completed successfully please do the following:
- Verify you have downloaded the corrected file for your receiver.
- Please verify your firewall settings:
- When using firewall of Windows: Add Setup Manager in the exception settings of the firewall. (please refer to your computer instructions manual or Windows website for more information).
- When using using generic firewall: Disable the firewall or register the Setup Manager as permitted programs.Please refer to the operating instructions or Help option form more information.