About this download
For customers of Walkman (NWZ-A, NWZ-E, NWZ-S, NWZ-W, NWZ-X) series, we provide the Content Transfer Version 1.3 Download Service. Please read carefully the following instructions.
- NWZ-A Series
- NWZ-E Series
- NWZ-S Series
- NWZ-W Series
- NWZ-X Series
Note: For customers using the following WALKMAN, we provide the Firmware Upgrade programs. Please upgrade the firmware of WALKMAN device before downloading this application program.
- Click here for NWZ-A726 / A728 / A729 Firmware Version 1.03 Update Program.
- Click here for NWZ-S715F/S716F/S718F Firmware Version 1.03 Update Program.
Additional function of Content Transfer Version 1.3
- Compatible computer preinstalled with Windows 7, Windows 8.
- Supports data transfer from iTunes 9.0
Functions of Content Transfer
- Transfer of the following formats from Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer and iTunes is available.
- Music: .mp3 / .3gp / .mp4 / .wma / .wmv
- Video: .mp4 / .m4v / .wmv
- Photo: .jpg
Note: Unsupported file formats will not be transferred to the Walkman.
- 12 TONE ANALYSIS function is available.
- Gadget mode for Windows Vista is available.
- Automatic Transfer function is available.
- Video file conversion function is available.
- Automatic Update function is available.
- Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) files (e.g., WMA, WMV) are supported.
- Content Transfer software supports data transfer from iTunes 9.0 to the WALKMAN player.
- Video file conversion function is available for WALKMAN models that can play WMV files.
The following system environment is required in order to use the Content Transfer Version 1.3 software.
Supported Operating System (factory preinstalled only)
- Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
*IBM PC/AT or compatible computer preinstalled with the above Windows operating systems.
*Supported by Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 64 bit version OS (run on WOW64).
*Not supported by Windows XP 64 bit version OS.
*Not supported OSs other than above.
*Excluding OS Versions not supported by Microsoft.
Note: The following Operating System are not support.
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows Millennium Edition
- Windows 98 Second Edition
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Mac OS
Computer: IBM PC/AT or compatible.
- Windows 7, Windows 8: Pentium III 1GHz or Higher
- Windows Vista: Pentium III 800MHz or Higher
- Windows XP: Pentium III 450MHz or Higher
- Windows 7, Windows 8: 1GB or more (32 bit version)/ 2GB or more (64 bit version)
- Windows Vista: 512MB or more (Home Premium / Business / Ultimate: 1GB or more recommended)
- Windows XP: 256MB or more
Software: Windows Media Player 11 is required
Use of this software with the following systems is not supported by Sony
- Windows XP 64 bit version Operating Systems.
- Upgraded Operating Systems.
- Operating Systems other than those indicated above.
- Personally constructed PCs or operating systems.
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system.
- Macintosh computers.
- Content Transfer Version 1.3
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- To install this software, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group.
- To use the Content Transfer Version 1.3 software. You must log on with the user name under “Administrators” or “Power Users” group.
Before executing Content Transfer Version 1.3 Service
- Download “Content Transfer Version 1.3 Installer” first.
After executing “Content Transfer Version 1.3 Installer”, only the files required for your computer will be downloaded and then Content Transfer Version 1.3 will be installed.
Notice: Please read carefully the following notices. Sony will not take any responsibilities in case of damages of sets occurred by not following the below notices.
- This provided download service is exclusive use for PC under pre-installed Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later) / Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)/ Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later) / Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later) / Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later) / Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later) / Windows 7 Home Basic / Windows 7 Home Premium / Windows 7 Professional / Windows 7 Ultimate / Windows 8 / Windows 8 Pro.
- Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and Windows XP 64 bit version OS are not supported.
- DO NOT use this download service for Macintosh, Windows 98 / 95, Windows NT, or other OS.
Please follow the steps below to download the Content Transfer Installer.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Set up the folder for storing the downloaded file on your hard disk.
Assume the folder is named “CT1.3_dl” and it is made in C drive.
- Download the following file ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe 57.8 MB (60,696,384 bytes) in the folder created at Step 2.
Note: Do not make the system go into a suspend, sleep, and hibernation mode during the download.
Note before executing Content Transfer Version 1.3
- When executing ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe, only the files needed for your computer will be downloaded and then Content Transfer Version 1.3 will be installed.
Once the download of ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe is completed, please follow the steps below to install the Content Transfer Version 1.3 on your computer.
- Quit all software.
- Confirm the PC is connected to the Internet
Note: ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe will download the files necessary for your PC. Your personal information will not be sent to the server during the files download.
- Click Start on the task tray and click Run… Then the dialog box Run will appear.
For Windows Vista, Click Start on the task tray and input C:\CT1.3_dl\ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe in the search box that is located at the bottom of start menu.
- Input C:\CT1.3_dl\ContentTransferInstaller-v13.exe in there, and click OK.
- Content Transfer Version 1.3 installer window will appear on screen.
- Follow the on screen instruction to complete installation.
- Click Finish after installation.
- Check whether the installation is completed successfully.