About this download
For owners of Walkman W series, we offer NW-WS620 series firmware update program to the latest version 1.01. Please read carefully the following instructions.
* This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
Contents of the update
This utility updates the Walkman player to system software version 1.01 and provides the following benefits:
- Resolve the symptom of “No Data” or “Data Error” being heard and playback is not available.
- Resolve other issues.
NW-WS620 Series that have firmware version lower than 1.01.
Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Connect the Walkman to your computer by using the USB cradle (supplied).
- On your computer, check information.txt in the WALKMAN folder.
- The information.txt contains the following information.
- Model series name
- System software version
- Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environments
- Mac OS X v10.8 ~ 10.12
Not supported by Operating Systems other than above.
- OS X
- macOS Sierra
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reinstated an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the data may be lost when upgrading as they are remained on the unit. We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 80 MB.
Please confirm the free space.
If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When downloading the program and upgrading the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
- If you are Windows 10 user, Windows 8.1 user or Windows 7 user, Windows needs your permission to continue message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements.
- The update program download is started by clicking Download button.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your PC by USB cradle (supplied).
- Quit all software running on your PC.
- Double click the saved file, and work by following displayed massages.
* Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during upgrading.
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, click Finish button.
Confirm the firmware version after the update program is installed successfully by refering to steps from How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
The update program installation is succeeded when 1.01 is shown on the screen.