About this download
Thank you for your continuous interest in Sony products. Sony is offering a network update for the CMT-G2BNiP firmware to version 1.05.2.04.
By downloading the latest version of the system application, you can take advantage of the newest functions. The unit accesses the Sony server to update the system. If a new update is available, UPDATE appears when you are connected to the Internet and using the Home Network or Music Services function. Make sure that other equipment connected to the system is stopped before updating the software.
Additional Features / Improvements
- Stability in operation has been improved for network function.
How to update?
- Make sure not to turn off the unit or disconnect the network cable while the updating operation is in progress.
- If you try to update the system when the Sleep Timer is on, it will be changed to Off automatically.
- Select HOME NETWORK as the function.
- Press OPTIONS.
- Press to select Network, then press ENTER.
- Press to select Software Update, then press ENTER.
- Press to select Update, then press ENTER.
The system starts checking the available software update.
- When "Found latest update. Push ENTER!" appears, press ENTER.
If the update is not available, “No update required. Push ENTER!” appears.
In case a message does not appear, perform the following steps.
1. Confirm that Home Network Function is selected.
2. Unplug the power cord.
3. Plug the power cord back in.
4. Press POWER.
5. Wait until you get a server list or the display shows “No Server”
6. Perform the process again form step 2.
- Press to select OK, then press ENTER.
A message that confirms whether or not you agree to the terms of the software update appears. Confirm the message and also read the “END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SONY SOFTWARE” (page 80), then press ENTER.
- Press to select Agree, then press ENTER.
The system starts to update the software. It may take a while (about 20 minutes at the longest) for the system to finish the update. The required time will depend on the amount of data in the updates, the line type of the network, the network communication environment, etc. “Complete! Push power on the unit.” Appears after the software update is finished. Press on the unit to turn off the system, and the system is updated to the new version.
To cancel the procedure
Select Cancel in step 7.
To go back to the previous screen
Press BACK before the receiver starts the software update. You cannot go back to the previous screen when the update starts.
About Music Unlimited
For more information about Music Unlimited, please visit here.
- System OS