About this download
This page provides instructions on how to update the firmware for CMT-SX7B to version MC1.62 / NW2994.
Benefits of update
- Support Spotify music distribution service.
- Improve operation stability when playing music files on local network.
This software update also include previous update benefits and improvements:
- Improve operation stability when using a music distribution service via Internet.
- Added Multi Room function via Google Cast.
- Improve operation stability.
- When using Google Cast - Audio for the first time, time taken for sound output is reduced.
- Other functional improvements.
- Support Hi-Res Audio Contents via Google Cast.
- Support mirroring function.
(Availability subjected to country by Google Inc.)
- Improvement in stability of operation at the time of disk tray opening and closing.
Version MC1.60 / NW2935 or lower
This update utility is not necessary if your Home Audio system has already been updated to firmware version MC1.62 / NW2994.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have by following the steps below.
- Press of the unit to turn on the system and wait a few minutes until the antenna icon appears on the display.
- Press to hold ENTER and (CD EJECT) on the unit until "MC 1.43" appears on the display.
- Turn the turning |<< / >>| dial of the unit to the right and "CD 1.020" is displayed on the display.
- Turn the turning |<< / >>| dial of the unit to the right and "NW2892" is displayed on the display.
If the version is displayed as "MC1.43 / NW2892", it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- To exit the check version display mode, turn the tuning |<< / >>| dial one more time to exit and return to the beginning.
Updating the Firmware
There are two methods for firmware update.
- MC1.62 / NW2994
- System OS
Note: Ensure the unit is not playing back any music before updating the firmware.
The firmware of this Home Audio System can be updated to the latest version by connecting to the Internet via a wired LAN network.
- Press of the unit to turn on the system and wait a few minutes until UPDATE icon appears on the display.
- Press MENU on the remote to open menu and press ↑/↓ on the remote to select "Update Menu", then press "ENTER".
- Press ENTER on the remote when "via Network" is displayed.
- Press ENTER on the remote when a blinking "Ok" appears.
- Please wait about 10 minutes for the download and update process to be completed.
Below display indicates that the update is starting.
The numerical value that appears indicates the update progress.
- Press POWER on the unit after "Complete" is displayed, and the unit will be turned OFF.
- Press Power on the unit again to turn it on.
- Verify that the unit is updated to the latest version. Click here to check the firmware version.
Network Update Troubleshooting FAQs
If “Cannot Download”/“Push POWER” is displayed during the update
This message indicates that the software update has failed and you cannot use any operations (and all functions) on the unit except the power button operation.
Please check the condition through the following steps.
- Press the button and turn OFF the unit.
- Press the button to turned ON the unit.
- Wait about 3 minute (or Wait until the network connection is connected). Then check the Display on the unit.
If UPDATE is blinking
The firmware update is NOT completed, but the unit is functioning normally.
In this case, we recommend to update the firmware. Click here for the USB update procedure.
If ”Update Retry” is displayed
The firmware update has FAILED, and the unit cannot be used. When this happens, Please execute the updates using the USB flash device with the following procedure.
1. Copy the USB Update file to a USB flash device. Click here for the USB update procedure.
2. Insert USB flash device to the USB-A front connector when "Update Retry" appears.
3. Please wait for about 10 minutes until the download and update process is completed.
4. Start to update after downloading
5. Press on the unit after "Complete" is displayed to turned OFF the unit.
6. Press on the unit again to turn it on.
7. Verify that the unit is updated to the latest version. Click here to check the firmware version.
The firmware of this Home Audio System can be updated to the latest version by USB flash drive.
Note: It is not possible to roll back to the previous software version after performing software update.
Preparations for Firmware Update
Before downloading the firmware, please ensure that your computer is running one of the following operating systems and prepare USB flash drive.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Mac OS X (10.4) or later
- If you are using Windows 8, please use it in desktop mode.
- Operation is not guaranteed for all PCs installed with a compatible OS.
- Recording Media - USB flash drive : Capacity larger than 256MB
Operation is not guaranteed for all USB flash drive.
Download the Update File
- Ensure no program other than your Internet browser is running.
- You must accept the terms of the Terms & Conditions on this page. After reading this agreement, check the "I have agreed with the Terms & Conditions" box above and click on the Download button
- Save the file to the Desktop of your computer (recommended).
Unzip the Downloaded File.
- Right-click the downloaded file: CMTSX7BV1622994.zip
- Click Extract All.
- Click Extract in the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window that has opened.
The "CMTSX7BV1622994" folder is now open on your computer's desktop.
- UPDATE folder contain 4 files: "LUTE05-FW.BIN", "LUTE05-FW.ID", "LUTE05-FW_MB.BIN", "LUTE05-FW_MB.ID".4
Using Mac OS
- Double-click the saved file CMTSX7BV1622994.zip
- The "CMTSX7BV1622994" folder is created on your desktop.
- UPDATE folder contain 4 files: "LUTE05-FW.BIN", "LUTE05-FW.ID", "LUTE05-FW_MB.BIN", "LUTE05-FW_MB.ID".
Note: Depending on your operating system, the file may be automatically unzipped when it is downloaded. You may also not be able to unzip the file using the procedures described above, depending on the operating system that you are using. In latter case, please use a decompression tool.
Prepare USB flash drive
- Initialize the USB flash drive by the original manufacturer system.
Copy the update files to the USB flash drive.
- Insert the initialized (formatted) the USB flash drive into USB slot on your computer
- Copy the UPDATE folder inside it to the USB flash drive. Refer to below diagram.
How to Update
IMPORTANT: Please remove the speaker cable and the headphones before turning on the unit.
- Touch the POWER button to turn ON the unit.
- Insert USB flash drive (included update files) into USB-A front port.
- Select "USB FRONT" repeatedly by pressing the FUNCTION button on the remote controller.
Please wait until displaying "ROOT" on the display.
- Press MENU of the remote to open menu and press ↑/↓ on the remote to select "Update Menu", then press "ENTER".
- Press ENTER of the remote when "via USB" is displayed.
- Press ENTER of the remote when "Ok" is indicated by blinking.
- Please wait about 10 minutes until download and update are completed.
- Start to update after downloading
A right-hand side numerical value indicates the update progress.
- Press POWER of the unit after "Complete" is displayed, and then the unit is turned OFF.
- Press POWER of the unit again and turn on the system.
- Please see the "check the firmware version method" of this unit, and confirm that the number of the software version is updated to the latest version.
- Don't pull out a power cord or a network (LAN) cable during download and update of software. Please keep these connnection.
- Don't operate on the set and the remote controller duirng download and update.
- Don't pull out a power cord until update is completed. It may cause failure of this system.
- The time taken to download and update depends on network connection situations.
- Updating normally takes about 10 minutes. It may take longer depending on your network environment.
- Software update may fail during the procedure if the network environment is not adequate. In this case, update the software by using a USB flash drive.