Follow the steps below if the camera gets wet or is accidentally dropped into water:
- Immediately retrieve the camera from the water and move it to a dry location.
WARNING! There is a risk of hardware damage. Do not attempt to turn on the camera at this time. If any amount of water has leaked into the camera circuits, turning on the camera could cause significant damage.
- Use a dry towel to wipe any water off the exterior of the camera.
- Remove the battery.
- Leave the battery compartment open.
- Remove the recording media.
- Leave the media compartment open (if applicable).
- Place the camera in a warm, dry location for at least 24-48 hours to allow sufficient time for any internal moisture to evaporate.
IMPORTANT: Only after the camera has had a significant time to dry should you attempt to turn it on. If the camera is still not operating, the camera should be evaluated by an authorized service technician and may need to be repaired. Go to Product Repair.