Use the following procedure to enable or disable a wired or wireless network card:
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, in the left-pane under Tasks, click Manage network connections.
- In the Network Connections window, click to select the desired network connection and then click one of the following buttons:
- If you would like to enable the network adapter, on the menu bar, click the Enable this network device button.
- If you would like to disable the network adapter, on the menu bar, click the Disable this network device button.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.