IMPORTANT: This is a model-specific solution, view the Applicable Products and Categories for this article to verify that these specifications apply to your model.
Q1. I cannot charge the battery.
A1. Check the following.
- When using a USB AC adaptor, make sure the micro-USB cable is firmly connected to the speaker and the USB AC adaptor. In addition, make sure the USB AC adaptor is firmly connected to an AC outlet.
- Using a USB AC adaptor with an output current of 1.5 A or more and a supplied micro-USB cable or micro-USB cable conforming to the USB standard is recommended.
- When using a USB AC adaptor for iPhone/iPad, it may take time to fully charge the battery depending on the specifications of the USB cable or adaptor.
- For some models, you cannot use a charging-only micro USB cable with no data transmission capabilities.
NOTE: The CHARGE indicator will light up in orange while charging.
Q2. The CHARGE indicator does not light up.
A2. The CHARGE indicator will not light up if the battery is fully charged.
Depending on the model, the CHARGE indicator may not light up while charging the speaker with the power turned on.
If the battery is being charged while the speaker is turned off, the CHARGE indicator will light up.
Q3. Charging is taking a long time.
A3. If you charge the battery while using the speaker, charging may take a long time to complete.
We recommend turning off the speaker when charging the battery.
NOTE: It usually takes about five hours to charge the SRS-X33 when the power is turned off.
Q4. Immediately after charging began, the CHARGE indicator turns off and charging stops.
A4. There is a possibility that the battery is already fully charged.
If the battery is fully charged, the CHARGE indicator turns off immediately after charging begins.
Also, be aware that in the following cases, charging will stop for safety reasons.
- If charging continues for a long time
- If the temperature surrounding the speaker is too high or too low
NOTE: The operating temperature is 5 °C - 35 °C (41 °F - 95 °F).
Q5. The battery life is short.
A5. Depending on the ambient temperature or conditions of use, the battery life may shorten.
NOTE: For further details on the life of the rechargeable battery, refer to the instruction manual.