IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. If your TV is not listed in the Applicable Products and Categories section, refer to the Red, green or orange lights are on or blinking on the TV article.
The LED will light up or blink when the TV detects certain activities or changes status, such as receiving the signal of the remote or during software update. It may also light up or blink when detecting an issue. Refer to the appropriate condition to see why the LED lights up or blinks:
The lighting pattern or color can differ depending on the model. First, check the menu item by following to the steps below, then proceed to the description for your model.
Check the menu item of the TV
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Device preference.
NOTE: If Device preference is not shown, proceed to the step 5.
- Select LED indicator, then check the menu option.
NOTE: If LED indicator is not listed in the menu, refer to the Help Guide (Web manual) on how the LED lights up.
- The procedure to check the specification will be different based on the menu item displayed:
- If Operational response is listed in the menu, refer to the What do the lights at the bottom of the TV screen mean? (Android TV™ with Operational response in the menu) article.
- If illumination LED is listed in the menu, or if Device preference is not shown in step 3, refer to the following:
Meaning of the illumination LED or the bottom of the screen on the TV
If illumination LED is listed in the menu in the above step 5, there are 2 type of lighting at the bottom of the TV.
Depending on the light that you want to check, refer to the following:
Depending on the lighting up or blinking status of the LED, refer to the following:
Red LED blinks
- For Android TV models: Refer to the The red LED on the Android TV is blinking article.
- For other models: Refer to the Red section in the table of the Red, green or orange lights are on or blinking on the TV article.
Other than Red LED blinks:
Unplug the main power cord, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in to see if the screen is displayed. If the issue persists, check the color of the LED and how many times it blinks, then contact customer support.