It depends on the TV model and Bluetooth device.
For TV models that can be connected to Bluetooth devices through Bluetooth, refer to the following.
Bluetooth headphones and soundbars can only be used with the following models. Please make sure that your model is in the list.
- Z9G series
- A9G series
- A8G series
- X95G series
- X90G series
- X85G series (KD-43/49)
- X85G series (55/65/75/85) (*1)
(*1): When the X85xxG Series (55/65/75/85) is connected to the HT-X9000F/XF9000 Soundbar through Bluetooth, there may be delays.
- Z9F series
- A9F series
- A8F series
- X90F series
- X85F series
- X83F series
- X78F series
- A1 series
- X95E series
- X93E_X94E series
- X90E series
- X85E series
NOTES: You can also check the applicable models on our support website or in the TV settings.
- On our support website, go to the page of your product and refer to the Specifications section. If your model supports Bluetooth headphones, A2DP is displayed in the Bluetooth profile section.
- For the settings menu, go to HOME — Settings — Sound or HOME — Settings — Display & Sound — Audio output. If your model supports Bluetooth headphones, A/V Sync is displayed.
These Bluetooth headphones and soundbars are supported.
For other Bluetooth devices, if the device supports A2DP, there is a possibility that it can be used. However, Sony does not guarantee the operation as a manufacturer.
To find out how to pair Bluetooth device to your Android TV, refer to Pairing procedure for Sony Android TVs
- HT-X9000F (*1)
(*1): When the X85xxG Series (55/65/75/85) is connected to the HT-X9000F Soundbar through Bluetooth, there may be delays.
- Only one Bluetooth audio device can be connected to the TV at a time. It is possible to connect Bluetooth devices other than the Bluetooth audio device at the same time.
- The codec used when transmitting the Bluetooth audio device is SBC (Sub-Band Coding) (LDAC, AAC, aptX, eSBC,etc. are not supported.)
- Depending on the TV app used or Bluetooth audio device connected, some app operations performed from the Bluetooth audio device may not work. In such cases, use the TV remote control to operate the app.
- Depending on the combination of TV and headphones, the target headphones may be difficult to find when registering a Bluetooth device.
If the headphones are not displayed on the TV screen after waiting for about 10 seconds, press the BACK button on the TV remote control and try searching for the device again.
In the event of issues, such as no sound coming out even when using applicable products, refer to the following FAQ:
Troubleshooting for the Bluetooth connection with the audio device on Android TV.