- This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- If the sound is not output from the Sound Bar subwoofer, refer to the No sound is output from the Subwoofer. article.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
NOTE: Depending on the model, names and operations may vary, or certain settings may be unavailable. For details, refer to the manual of your TV or audio device.
While your TV and audio device (Sound Bar, Home Theater System, or Home Audio System) are off, verify that the cables between the TV and Audio device are securely connected.
NOTE: Disconnect the HDMI cables, then reconnect them again.
- Make sure that your TV has an ARC or eARC/ARC label on the HDMI jack.
When the TV has an HDMI (ARC or eARC/ARC) label on the HDMI jack (HDMI IN)
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN (ARC or eARC) jack on the TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT jack on the Audio device.
When the TV has no HDMI ARC label on the HDMI jack
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to any HDMI IN jack on the TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT audio device.
- Connect an optical audio cable from the TV's optical digital audio out to the OPTICAL IN on your audio device. If you can't connect with Optical Digital cable use an Audio Analog cable instead.
Verify that the audio output setting of your TV is set to audio device. If your TV is BRAVIA TV, set Speakers to Audio System. The steps below are an example on Sony's Android TV™ or Google TV™.
NOTE: Just connecting the TV and audio system with a cable will not produce sound from the audio system.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound — Audio output — Speakers — Audio system.
- Select Sound — Speakers — Audio system
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on both the TV and the receiver or home theater system.
- If your TV is BRAVIA TV, set the Control for HDMI (BRAVIA Sync) to ON.
- The steps required to enable the Control for HDMI feature may vary. Check the Manuals supplied with the devices for model-specific steps.
In the HDMI settings for your audio device, set the Audio Return Channel (ARC) or TV audio input mode to ON or AUTO.
NOTE: Depending on the model, setting name may vary, or it may be unavailable. For details, refer to the manual of your audio device.
If input mode of the audio system is set to other than TV, or the Home menu is displayed, the sound is not output. Press the INPUT or TV button on the remote of the audio device, then set the input mode to TV.
Turn on the TV, then your audio device.
Change the TV audio output setting to PCM and check whether sound is output. If the audio device connected to the TV does not support compressed audio, sound may not be output depending on the type of broadcast or video. Check your TV manual for more details.
If your TV is BRAVIA TV, update the TV software to the latest version.
NOTE: For how to update your TV, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
Update your audio device software to the latest version.
NOTE: To update your audio device, visit the Sony Support website, search for your audio device by entering the model number, and then go to the Downloads section.
Reset the audio device and the TV.
NOTE: For how to perform a reset, refer to the manual of your device.