Cinematic expression from a smaller body
Employing a 35mm full frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and the latest BIONZ XR processing engine, the FX3 delivers the cinematic look established with the Cinema Line. Lush bokeh and shallow depth-of-field are maintained in an extremely compact and lightweight body.
Capable of 10 bit 4:2:2 All-Intra internal recording, the FX3 can record up to 4K 120 fps with AF, and delivers superior image quality at maximum bit rate of 600 Mbps. With ISO expandable to 409,600, the FX3 is another monster in low light shooting situations.
To support even the most demanding video productions, the FX3 also supports 16-bit RAW external recording via the HDMI Type A port for ultimate post-production processing abilities.
Uninterrupted recording to focus on your creativity
One of the standout design features of the FX3 is the integration of a built-in fan, delivering uninterrupted recording at 4k 60p (approximately 13 hours internal test*) . The USB-C port supports Power Delivery, offering alternate powering methods for extended continued use while improved weather sealing with a dust and moisture resistant design** ensures the FX3 is up to the challenge of any environment.
- *Sony internal tests. USB power supply, XAVC S-I (All-I), 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2, 25 deg C (ambient, camera when recording started), Auto power off temperature: High, Cooling fan: Auto. The duration will vary depending on the shooting conditions. The maximum continuous recording time for a single movie shooting session is approximately 13 hours (a product specification limit)
- **Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture resistant
One-stop solution for high quality audio
Included with the FX3 is the ergonomic top handle accessory. Offering an alternate way to move and record footage, the top handle also support two XLR/TRS connectors for 4CH 24-bit recording. What's more, there are two 3.5mm microphone inputs found on the handle and on the camera body for greater compatibility with any microphone accessory. For a compact filming rig, the top handle is detachable for easier balancing on gimbals or while flying on drones.
Designed with solo video shooters in mind
The FX3 comes with a range of features specific to single camera operation while carrying over the visual fidelity defined by the Cinema Line range of Sony cameras:
- Cageless mounting and an integrated zoom lever allow for easy customisations and operation without adding unnecessary bulk around the camera.
- A fully articulated LCD screen with touch menu supports quick setting changes on the go and video playback from any angle – whether in front or behind the camera.
- In-body image stabilisation is also added for smooth handheld footage, and for greater results Active Mode stabilisation can be turned on.
- Two recording buttons have been placed on the camera body for ease of recording as well as three tally lamps.
- Supporting all of this is Sony’s industry leading Real-Time Tracking Autofocus for both human eyes and objects, allowing the operator to focus on the composition of the shot while the FX3 maintains sharp and accurate autofocus even at wide open apertures.
A new addition to Sony Cinema Line
The FX3 joins the Cinema Line family of cameras and with that comes the exceptional colour science and colour reproduction inspired by the VENICE cinema camera. The FX3 supports S-Cinetone colour profile for an instant cinematic output with pleasing highlight roll-off and rich details in the shadows. For more expansive recording and colour grading, or when matching the FX3 to other cameras, S-Log3 captures 15+ stops dynamic range for truly breathtaking colour and tonal reproduction which is paired with either S-Gamut3 or S-Gamut3.Cine colour spaces.
Find out more
Visit the FX3 product page to read about full features and specs.Read more