Article ID:546415(modified 05 Feb 2013)
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware upgrade for Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera NEX-7.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- Applies automatic compensation to SELP1650
- Makes SELP1650 retract immediately after turning off the cameraAddition of capability to enable or disable MOVIE button.
Improvements from previous version
- Addition of exposure settings of bracket shooting (three frames /1.0EV,2.0EV, 3.0EV).
- Improvement of response of showing auto review image.
- Improvement of image quality when using a wide angle lens.
- Improvement of indication when setting “Flexible Spot”.
How to check the firmware version
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed. If your firmware version is Ver 1.02 or later, the upgrade is not required.
Preparing for firmware update
System requirements for a computer
Other system requirements
- CPU: Intel processor
* Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported.
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
* Please close all other application software before upgrading the firmware.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).