Full Specifications & Features
ILCE-7M2 BODY / KIT
$1,899.00(AUD inc. GST)
Full Specifications & Features
- Lens Mount
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Sensor Type
- 35 mm
- 35 mm full frame (35.8 x 23.9mm) Exmor™ CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio
- Anti-Dust System
Recording (still images)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2
- 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 3936 x 2624 (10M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M) APS-C L: 3936 x 2624 (10M), M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M), S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9
- 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M) APS-C L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M), S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama
- Wide: horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M) Standard: horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- RAW Output
- 14 bit
- Uncompressed RAW
- Picture Effect
- Posterization (Colour) Posterization (B/W) Pop Colour Retro Photo Partial Colour (R/G/B/Y) High Contrast Monochrome Toy Camera(Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta) Soft High-key
- Creative Style
- Standard Vivid Neutral Clear Deep Light Portrait Landscape Sunset Night Scene Autumn Leaves Black & White Sepia Style Box
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step)), Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Off
- Recording Format (Movie)
- AVCHD 2.0 / MP4 / XAVC S (up to 1920 x 1080/60p 50Mbps)
- Video Compression
- XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format
- AVCHD / MP4 / XAVC S
- Movie Functions
- Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Dual Video Rec, Auto Slow Shutter, Record Control
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- Noise Reduction
- Long exposure High ISO NR
- Multi Frame NR
- Auto/ISO 100 to 51200
- White Balance Modes
- Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight), Flash, Colour Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Colour Filter (G7 to M7: 15 steps, A7 to B7: 15 steps), Custom, Underwater
- AWB Micro Adjustment
- G7 to M7 (15 steps), A7 to B7 (15 steps)
- 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Type
- Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensor
- Exmor" CMOS sensor"
- Focus Point
- 35mm full frame: 117 points (phase-detection AF) APS-C: 99 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (conotrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range
- EV-1 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- AF Mode
- Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area
- Wide (117 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points(contrast-detection AF)) Zone Center Flexible Spot (S/M/L) Lock-on AF ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L))
- Yes (with Built-in LED type)
- AF Illuminator range
- Approx. 0.3m - Approx. 3.0m (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)
- Metering Type
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor
- Exmor" CMOS sensor"
- Metering Sensitivity
- EV -1 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode
- Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes
- AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- Cont./Bracket: Single, With 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames selectable
- AE Lock
- Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO 50–25600
- Viewfinder Type
- 0.5"-type electronic viewfinder (colour)
- Number of Dots
- 2 359 296 dots
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder)
- Auto / Manual ( 5 steps between -2 and +2 )
- Field Coverage
- Approx. 0.71 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m)
- Dioptre Adjustment
- -4.0 to +3.0m
- Eye Point
- Approx. 27mm from the eyepiece lens, 22mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(CIPA standard)
- Monitor Type
- 3.0" type TFT LCD
- Total Number of Dots
- 1,228,800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD)
- Manual ( 5 steps between -2 and +2 ), Sunny Weather mode
- Focus Magnifier
- 35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.7x, APS-C: 3.8x, 7.7x
- Peaking MF
- Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)
- Face Detection
- On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off
- Clear Image Zoom
- Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Digital zoom (Still Image)
- 35mm full frame: up to 8x APS-C: up to 8x
- Digital zoom (Movie)
- 35mm full frame: Approx 4x. APS-C: Approx 4x.
- Lens Compensation
- Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Shutter Speed
- Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Compensation Effect
- 4.5 steps (based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off.)
- Flash Control
- Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation
- +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes
- Off Autoflash Fill-flash Slow Sync. Rear Sync. Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable) Wireless Hi-speed sync.
- External Flash Compatibility
- Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- FE Level Lock
- Drive Modes
- Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Self-timer (10/2 sec. delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (10 sec. delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
- 5 fps (in High Continuous Shooting)
- Playback Modes
- Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning) 9/25-frame index view Enlarged display mode (L: 18.8x, M: 12.3x, S: 9.4x, Panorama (Standard): 25.6x, Panorama (Wide): 38.8x) Auto Review (10/5/2 sec,Off) Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable) Slideshow Panorama scrolling Folder selection (Date/ Still/ MP4/ AVCHD/XAVC S) Forward/Rewind (movie) Delete Protect
- PC Interface
- Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- HD Output
- HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu), PhotoTV HD, 4K still image playback
- Multi Interface Shoe
- Microphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector
- Headphone minijack, Microphone minijack, Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Multi Interface Shoe, Vertical Grip Connector
- Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K1M (sold separately)
- Built-in, monaural
- Compatible Standards
- Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Custom Function Type
- Custom key settings Programmable Setting
- Supplied Battery
- NP-FW50 W-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Up to 350 shots
- Battery Life (CIPA, Movies)
- Actual: Approx. 60 min. with viewfinder, approx. 65 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard) Continuous: Approx. 100 min. with viewfinder, approx. 100 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard)
- External Power
- AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (optional)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 126.9 x 95.7 x 59.7 mm
- Weight (with battery and memory card included)
- 556 g (Body Only) / 599 g (With battery and media)
- Wireless & Network Capabilities
- Downloadable Camera Apps, NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50)
- AC Adaptor
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
5-axis image stabilization
The α7 II dramatically expands your range of expression by compensating for five types of camera shake during handheld shooting of still images and movies. The highly effective 4.5-step compensation lets you confidently zoom in faraway subjects, snap detailed close-ups, capture night scenes and more — all with minimal camera shake blur.
Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses
New 5-axis image stabilization lets you enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite mountable lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7 II contributes to broad lens compatibility.
Automatic optimization for every α lens
Confidently use your favorite E-mount and A-mount lenses, knowing the α7 II will analyze information from the lens to optimize depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilization for the particular lens you mount. When using E-mount lenses with optical stabilization (OSS), the α7 II combines the best of in-lens and in-camera image stabilization.
High-performance Fast Hybrid AF
The newly enhanced Fast Hybrid AF system delivers extremely high-speed response, highly accurate prediction and wide area coverage for autofocusing and tracking you can always depend on. It’s remarkably fast for a full-frame camera AF system (30% faster than the α7) and accurately predicts subject movement so you can steadfastly track your subject.
Focal plane phase-detection AF with A-mount lenses
The α7 II offers focal plane phase-detection AF even when an A-mountlens is mounted via LAEA3(LA-EA1) mount adaptor. So you can take advantage of the wide AFcoverage , high-speed response, high tracking capability and high optical performance of Amount lenses.
35mm full-frame 24.3-megapixel Exmor™ CMOS sensor
The image sensor delivers beautiful images from corner to corner and stunning 24.3-megapixel resolution. You’ll enjoy low noise, an extremely wide dynamic range, and amazingly rich and subtle gradations. Moreover, innovations that could only be achieved by Sony reproduce details more faithfully so that every scene looks incredibly real.
BIONZ X™ image processing engine
BIONZ X faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye, via extra high-speed processing capabilities. Together with front-end Large Scale Integration that accelerates processing, it enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise when shooting still images and movies.
Supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format
New compatibility with 14-bit uncompressed RAW format lets you choose the optimal format for your needs. The camera thereby ensures supreme quality of tonal gradation to maximise the benefit of the image sensor's wide dynamic range.
Robust magnesium alloy body
The remarkably compact and lightweight body is solidly built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field. It’s the ideal blend of light weight, solid reliability and steady handling, thanks to a top cover, front cover and internal structure constructed of rigid magnesium alloy.
Robust lens mount
The strength and rigidity of the body and lens mount have been enhanced to provide an especially solid foundation for mounting large, heavy lenses such as super telephoto lenses and those preferred for movie shooting.
Enhanced grip and shutter button
The grip is refined in shape and height to support a more secure grasp of the camera even when a large lens is mounted. This also contributes to more confident operation of the shutter button and dials. Moreover, the shutter button has been reshaped and shifted forward to enable more natural shooting with less camera shake.
Full-frame expression without the bulk
The α7 II packs powerful moviemaking capabilities in extremely compact dimensions. You can create movies of breathtaking visual and sound quality with exquisite background blur, remarkably clear details, and the sensitivity to bring dark scenes to vibrant life. Features like Picture Profile and P/A/S/M modes further expand your creative options.
High-contrast, high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder™
The viewfinder offers impressive visibility that contributes to stress-free, intuitive operation. You can accurately monitor what will appear in your final images because it faithfully displays the effects of your various camera settings. Moreover, an advanced 3-lens optical system ensures rich tonal gradation and extremely high contrast.
Stable viewfinder image
Monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode. Even when using a telephoto or macro lens, you can fine-tune framing and focusing with stress-free stability.
Lock-on AF tracking
It’s easy to keep moving subjects in focus with enhanced Lock-on AF, which analyzes even more information from the scene to ensure usage of the optimal AF point for smooth, stable autofocusing. Its ability to detect and track moving subjects has now been significantly improved, thanks to Sony’s advanced proprietary image analysis technology.
Detail reproduction technology and diffraction-reducing technology
Detail reproduction technology depicts details more faithfully with a more natural sense of dimension, while diffraction-reducing technology suppresses the effects of diffraction to faithfully reproduce fine details even when shooting at small aperture settings.
Area-specific noise reduction
Area-specific noise reduction selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and flat areas like blue skies), then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area to markedly reduce noise and achieve a new level of clarity.
Fine-tune the look of movies before shooting by adjusting gradation, colour adjustment and detail. Adjusted parameters can be saved with other settings as a profile, and up to 7 profiles can be stored for later recall.
S-Log2 gamma setting
This proprietary Sony gamma setting, featured in professional camcorders, creates a 1,300% wider dynamic range for smooth expression of gradation with reduced whiteout and blackout. Through colour grading in post-production, you can make the most of the low-noise image and super-rich detail to achieve various types of image expression.
Time code / User bit
This function provides a “Record Run” setting that only advances the time code while recording, a “Free Run” setting that advances the time code whether recording or not, a drop frame method and a non-drop frame method. The α7 II can also output an embedded time code when the clean HDMI output setting is in use.
Clean HDMI output
An HDMI terminal makes it easy to transfer Full HD movie signals in real-time to an external monitor for accurate, large-screen viewing and listening. This feature supports uncompressed movie recording on external recording equipment and lets you output uncompressed movies with the shooting info display function off.
Meticulously crafted controls
Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment of parameters while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. The front and rear dials have been thoroughly refined and positioned with overall handling in mind to enable easier, more efficient turning. It’s a level of refinement that even surpasses that of other α7 series models.
Easy button customization
Button customization empowers you to shoot just the way you like, with frequently used functions assigned to the customizable buttons of your choice. You can easily assign any of 56 functions to any of 10 buttons to enjoy speedier, more intuitive operation and maximum convenience.
Convenient tiltable LCD screen
The LCD screen tilts upward approx. 107 degrees and downward approx. 41 degrees to accommodate wide-ranging shooting angles. This flexibility combines with compact mobility to greatly expand your shooting options. Viewing is also clear under direct sunlight thanks to WhiteMagic™ technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display.
Anti-dust system and coating
To keep your photos blemish free, a special anti-static coating on the surface of the optical filter suppresses the attachment of both dry and moist dust particles when changing lenses. An anti-dust mechanism also vibrates at high speed when you select Cleaning Mode to remove any particles adhering to the filter.
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing PlayMemories Mobile app to your NFC enable Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
PlayMemories Camera Apps™ www.sony.net/pmca
The exciting new application download service, PlayMemories Camera Apps, lets you add new functions to your camera’s existing feature-set to heighten photographic expression according to your own creative needs.
Multi Frame NR (Noise Reduction)
This mode composites four shots to significantly suppress noise and raise sensitivity, letting you clearly capture dark scenes without a tripod or flash. Camera shake blur is also lowered while contrast and detail are raised.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
5fps AF/AE shooting with accurate tracking
When your subject is moving fast, you can beautifully capture the decisive moment with sharp, well-exposed results via 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting. A dramatically improved algorithm accurately predicts subject movement so you can steadfastly track the subject even when shooting continuously.
Pro-quality XAVC S format
For extremely high image quality and minimal noise, record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which was developed based on the professional XAVC 4K/HD format. It enables Full HD (1920 x 1080) image recording at 50Mbps (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p) and employs linear PCM sound for high-quality sound recording.
New Imaging Edge software suite from Sony
Imaging Edge app suite can maximise image quality, improve production efficiency and help you finely adjust RAW-based images. Use its Remote app to remotely control shooting while monitoring scenes via live-view PC screen; Edit app to develop RAW data into high-quality photos; and Viewer app to view, rate and select photos from a list of shots.