- Not all Sony Car Audios can connect with the phone via Bluetooth. To see if your unit has the Bluetooth capability, check the supplied operating guide or instructions manuals.
- For specifications, such as whether your phone is compatible with Bluetooth, refer to the instruction manual of the device.
Check the following items.
- Verify that the Bluetooth car audio system has been paired with the phone. Pairing the Bluetooth car audio system and the phone is required to establish connection between both units.
As a reminder, in order to pair the car audio and your phone, see the following procedure.
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on the device you wish to pair to the car audio.
- Select the Bluetooth source (Phone).
- Go to Bluetooth Menu.
- In the Bluetooth settings menu, press Pairing.
- The above procedure is an example. If you cannot pair by this procedure or if you want more details on the procedure, refer to the instruction manual of this unit or the connecting device (phone).
- Depending on the connecting device, the time limit for pairing may be short. Try completing the pairing within the time.
- Pairing is required only for the first time, as this unit and the other device will recognize each other automatically from the next time.
- If you cannot pair your phone, despite the proper procedure, your phone may not be compatible with this unit.
- When the Media Player is activated on the phone, it might not be possible to make a connection. Please close the Media Player, then try the connection. If any other application is also running, close all applications, then try to connect.
- When turned on, the car audio will automatically try to connect to the last connected handsfree device. This action takes time. If you connect a phone other than the last connected device, manually select the phone you want to connect to. Or, make a connection to the unit from the connecting device (phone).
NOTE: When connecting from the connecting device (phone) to the unit, note the following points:
- While connected to a Bluetooth device, this unit cannot be detected from another device. Disconnect the current connection and search for this unit from another device.
- The disconnected device can be reconnected by selecting from the list of registered.
- Depending on the status of the other device (phone), searching from this unit may not be possible. Search for this unit from the other device (phone) .
- Depending on the specifications of the connecting device (phone), you might not be able to automatically connect from this unit. If this unit does not reconnect automatically, connect manually. For details on how to connect manually, refer to the operating instructions of this unit. For details on how to connect the MEX-BT2500, MEX-BT2600, MEX-BT2700, MEX-BT2800, MEX-BT3600U, MEX-BT3700U, MEX-BT3800U or MEX-BT4700U manually, see the procedure below. How to establish a manual connection from the car stereo to a Bluetooth device.