- This solution is only applicable for the camcorder model numbers listed below this article in the Applicable Products section.
- The USB Streaming feature is not supported with the Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
NOTE: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the camcorder.
- Turn on the computer.
- On the computer, install the USB driver from the CD-ROM supplied with the camcorder.
IMPORTANT: Only the USB driver included on the supplied CD-ROM will properly enable the camcorder for USB streaming. If the software included with your camcorder has been lost or damaged, it may be possible to purchase a copy.
- Depending on the mode available on your camcorder, turn the camcorder on to the VTR, VCR, or PLAYBACK mode.
- Turn on the USB streaming feature in the camcorder menu.
- Connect the USB cable to the camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer.
NOTE: The computer must have a standard, factory-installed USB port.
- Cue the video to the beginning of the video footage to be transferred.
- Start the video capture software on the computer.
NOTE: The computer must have compatible video capture software to complete this procedure. Many video editing software applications include a capture function. If you have video editing software, you might not need a separate video capture application.
- Begin playing the recorded video in the camcorder.
- Begin importing the recorded video with the capture software.
NOTE: Instructions for using the PIXELA ImageMixer software are available.
Because there are many different video capture applications on the market and we cannot reasonably know which video capture software you are using, Sony is unable to provide specific instructions or support for software we do not manufacture. However, many video capture applications have detailed help files and include specific instructions about capturing and importing video from a camcorder to a computer. The help files should be available in the Help menu of the video capture software or in a separate file on the software disc. If you cannot find instructions in the help file or on the disc included with your software, consult the software manufacturer for more detailed support information.