Panel refresh will automatically run to adjust the uniformity of the TV screen after it has been in use for long periods of time.
When you turn off the TV with the remote, a pop-up appears to prompt Panel refresh.
Panel refresh can also be performed manually when image retention is very noticeable or you see the following message: Panel refresh did not finish…
However, the Panel refresh function may affect the panel. Please do not perform it more than once a year as it may affect the usable life of the panel.
If you manually run Panel refresh,
Follow the steps below.
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Display & Sound, Display or Picture & Display.
- Select Picture.
NOTE: If Picture is not shown, skip this step.
- Select Expert panel settings.
- Select Panel Refresh.
- Due to the characteristics of the material in Organic EL displays, pixels may degrade and unevenness may become apparent on the screen.
- Panel refresh takes about one hour to complete.
- A white line may be displayed on the screen during the Panel refresh, this is not a malfunction of the TV.
- Panel refresh will only work when the room temperature is between 50 ºF and 104 ºF (10 ºC and 40 ºC).