You can set Dolby Dynamic Range with the following procedure.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Display & Sound or Sound.
- Select Sound.
- Select Advanced settings.
NOTE: If Advanced settings is not shown, skip this step.
- Select Volume level adjustment or Input related.
- Select Dolby Dynamic Range.
- Select Standard or Compressed.
The following are explanations for each setting:
- Standard: This mode takes the widest dynamic range (difference between the quietest and loudest sounds).
Because signals are played back directly, quiet signals remain quiet and loud signals remain loud.
- Compressed: This mode compresses the volume difference and increases the overall volume.
The audio is easier to hear, regardless of the dynamic range of the sound source.
NOTE: This setting affects Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby AC-4 sound sources.