IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Place a headset unit into the charging case.
Close the lid of the charging case after setting the headset into the charging case.
Connect the charging case to an AC outlet.
NOTE: Use the supplied USB Type-C cable and a commercially available USB AC adaptor.
Open and close the lid of the charging case more than 5 times within 20 seconds. This will cause the indicator (red) of the charging case flashing.
When the resetting is complete, the indicator (green) of the charging case flashes 4 times.
Remove the headset unit from the charging case, set the other headset unit to the charging case, and then start the operation again from step 1.
- During a reset, the device registration (pairing) information and other settings are retained.
- You can also view this video on how to reset:
IMPORTANT: This operation resets all the device settings to the factory defaults and deletes all pairing information.
- After initializing the headset, you should also delete the headset pairing information from any connected devices and then pair them again.
- When the remaining battery charge of the charging case is not sufficient, the headset will not start initializing. If this is the case, charge the charging case.
- Place the headset into the charging case.
- Hold your fingers to the touch sensors on both the left and right units for about 10 seconds.
NOTE: This will cause the indicator (red) of the charging case flashing.
- Release your fingers within 5 seconds after the indicator starts flashing.
When the initializing is complete, the indicator (green) of the charging case flashes 4 times.
NOTE: If you do not release your finger within 5 seconds after the indicator starts flashing in step 3, the headset will not be initialized. Try again from step 2.
- You can also initialize the headset using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- You can also view this video on how to initialize: