By connecting the transmitter supplied to the Wireless Neckband Speaker (SRS-NS7) or the wireless transmitter (WLA-NS7), to a BRAVIA XR series and making certain settings, you can enjoy the realistic sound of 3D surround with the Neckband Speaker or Sony brand headphones.
In addition, you can use the data regarding the shape of your ear with a compatible app to help you enjoy more immersive and optimized 3D surround effects.
Check the following for compatible Sony brand headphones: https://www.sony.net/tr_comp_tvhp
- To enjoy this feature, please update the TV software to the latest version.
Connect the transmitter to the TV. For details, refer to the instruction manual supplied with the Wireless Neckband Speaker (SRS-NS7) or the wireless transmitter (WLA-NS7).The optical digital output terminal and USB terminal are on the back or side of the TV. Check the Setup Guide that supplied with the TV for the location of each terminal.
- Once the TV and transmitter are connected, the 3D surround initial setting screen will be displayed on the TV. Follow the instructions on the screen and select Next to continue.
- When the initial settings are complete, the message Setup complete is displayed. Select Play demo to start the demo.
- If the TV is connected to the internet, you will see the standard 3D surround settings followed by a settings screen to enjoy more immersive 3D surround.
Select Optimise now to continue setting up more immersive 3D surround.IMPORTANT: To set up more immersive 3D surround, you need to sign in to Sony's Cloud Service for Home Entertainment & Sound Products.Notes:
- If your TV is not connected to the internet, this settings screen will be skipped and you will be taken to the How to use screen.
- You can also make this setting later. In that case, select Not now. If you would like to set it later, please refer to the To set 3D surround settings later.
- Prepare a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet and follow the on-screen instructions to sign in.
Note: If you are already signed in, the account selection screen will be displayed. Please select the account you want to use.
- After signing in, scan the QR code on your mobile device and install the dedicated app (360 Spatial Sound Personalizer), and follow the instructions on the screen of the app to take a picture of your ear on your mobile device. When the measurement is completed, the TV screen will switch automatically.
Note: If you already have an account and have taken a picture of your ear, this step will be skipped.
- After completing the settings, select Play demo to start the demo.
You can also set the 3D surround settings on your TV later. If you do wait until later, make sure the TV and transmitter are connected before making 3D surround settings. Check the following for the procedure.
Once the initial setup is complete, you can enjoy 3D surround using the Neckband Speaker or headphones.
- No sound is output from the TV when enjoying 3D surround. The volume control button on the TV remote control is disabled. Adjust the volume with the Neckband Speaker or headphones.
Depending on the headphone model, it may be necessary to adjust the volume using the Sony | Headphones Connect app. For details, please check the headphones instruction manual.
- If you connect the Neckband Speaker or headphones directly to the TV via Bluetooth, you will not be able to enjoy 3D surround.
How to stop 3D surround:
Turn off the Neckband Speaker or headphones, or turn off 3D surround from the Quick Settings, 3D surround ends and the TV outputs sound.
How to restart 3D surround:
To use the Neckband Speaker or headphones again, on the TV remote control press the Quick Settings button and turn on 3D surround.