Dear Valued Customers,
We would like to inform the following function of MyXperia will be terminated on September 2024.
Function which will be terminated:
- Theft Protection
- Xperia Z3+ E6533/E6553
- Xperia M4 Aqua E2306
- Xperia C4 E5306
- Xperia C5 Ultra E5506
- Xperia Z4 Tablet SGP712/771
Please deactivate this function at your earliest convenience before the termination date. If the function is not deactivated, it will not be possible to unlock the device once it is locked after September 2024. New activation of this function will be unavailable from 26th September 2023 (updated on 24th August 2023)..
How to Deactivate the function
1. Make sure you are signed in as the owner, that is, the user who set up the device for the first time.
2. Go to Settings -> Lock screen & security -> Protection by my Xperia
3. Press the “DEACTIVATE” button and confirm deactivation
4. Please note down the “User Code” that will be displayed
5. Open Chrome from PC
6. Go to https://www.google.com/device
7. Input the “User Code” that was displayed in the earlier step
8. Login to Google from PC
9. Press the “Submit” button on mobile phone or tablet
Note: After pressing the “Submit” button, the activation screen will be shown. Do not proceed to activate.
Alternative solution of phone protection
If you would like to use phone protection feature, please use Google’s solution.
Help prevent others from using your device without permission - Android Help (google.com)
We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
*The date has not yet been confirmed and will be announced once determined.