Adjusting the size of Virtual Memory on Windows Vista.
1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and select Properties.
2. Click Advanced system settings.
3. Select the Advanced tab. Click the Settings button in the Performance pane.
4. Click the Advanced tab in the displayed window. Click the Change button in Virtual memory.
5. Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox. In the Drive column, select the drive where Windows is installed. (Usually C: drive.)
6. Select Custom size. Input any arbitrary number to set Initial size and Maximum size. Then click the Set button.
7. Click OK in the Virtual Memory window.
8. The following dialog box will appear. Click OK to close the dialog box.
9. Click OK in Performance Options and System Properties to close the windows.
10. When the following dialog box appears click either button to complete the procedure.