How to customize a specific power plan within the Power Options section of the Operating System?
Customizing a specific power plan within the Power Options section of the Operating System.
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
3. In the System and Security window, click Power Options.
4. In the Power Options window, in the Select a power plan section, next to the currently selected power plan, click Change plan settings.
NOTE: Changes made within a specific power plan will affect that power plan only. This means that if the power plan selection is changed - from VAIO Optimized to High Performance, for example - any changes made to the setting within the previously selected power plan will not be reflected in the newly selected power plan. To ensure that a specific setting is customized the way you want it to be no matter what power plan is selected, modify that setting in all of the power plan options.
5. In the Edit Plan Settings window, click the down arrow next to Turn off the display or Put the computer to sleep to change either of these settings.
6. If you made changes to either of these settings, click the Save Changes button.
7. To change additional power settings for the selected power plan, click Change advanced power settings.
8. In the Power Options window, click the Plus (+) sign next to the setting category you wish to change to expand the selection.
NOTE: To change a setting in an area that is not available, click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
9. Under the expanded category, click the Plus (+) sign next to the setting you wish to change to expand the selection.
10. Under the expanded setting, next to Setting:, click the current setting link, click the down arrow, and then click to select the desired setting.
NOTE: Repeat this procedure to make as many power setting changes as you would like.
11. Once all desired power setting have been changed, click the OK button.
12. Close the Edit Plan Settings window.