- A part of the display is discoloured, what can I do?
- Android 9.0 Pie
You may experience that the screen is fully or partially discoloured. This article sorts out what to do when discolouration only covers part of the display. If the whole screen is discoloured, see the support article "The whole display is discoloured, what can I do? (Android 9.0)".
Try these methods one after the other. Verify whether the problem was solved after each method, before trying the next one.
- Turn off your device and then turn it back on.
- Restart your Xperia device in Safe mode. Use Safe mode to check if any downloaded applications are causing the problem. In Safe mode, your device only starts with software and applications that were already installed when you purchased your device. If the device’s performance improves in Safe mode, it’s likely that one or more of your downloaded applications are affecting the device negatively.
- You can exit Safe mode and restart the device to uninstall the applications that you suspect are causing the problem.
- Check if there is a software update available for your Xperia device using Xperia Companion. Tap or click here to read more about how to update and find the latest software version.
- Perform a factory data reset. Note! Back up all personal data before performing a reset. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a factory data reset. Content on an external SD card is kept.
- If the screen is still discoloured, contact us.
To enable Safe mode
- While the device is powered on, press and hold down the power key.
- In the pop-up menu, touch and hold Power off until the Reboot to safe mode message appears.
- Tap OK to restart in Safe mode.
To exit safe mode
- When in safe mode, restart the phone.
To perform a factory data reset
- Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > RESET PHONE.
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- Tap ERASE EVERYTHING.
Note! When you perform a factory data reset, you erase all personal data stored on the internal storage of your Xperia device. Make sure that you always back up data stored on the internal storage that you want to keep before performing a factory data reset. Photos, videos, music and documents stored on the SD card do not get erased during a factory data reset.