Questions & Answers: 264
- The angle of view changes significantly when shooting with Continuous Auto Focus (AF-C).To downsize the lens in the camera, the focus lens is placed just in front of the image sensor. This makes the variation of the angle of view, caused by movement of the focus lens, wider than in previous cameras
- When the camera is mounted to a tripod the control ring does not turn smoothly or does not turn at all.Depending on the size of the mounting shoe (aka mounting plate) for the tripod, the mounting shoe may interfere with the control ring on the front of the camera. If the mounting shoe is made of soft material such
- How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharing.IMPORTANT: NFC function on the mobile device should be enabled. Sleep and lock-screen functions of the mobile device should be disabled. Latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile application should be installed on your
- How to prevent the icons from showing on the camera LCD screen.On the camera, press the MENU button. Select the Custom Settings icon. Select DISP Button. Select the display item you do not want to show. Press the center of the control wheel to uncheck the selected item. Repeat
- The camera was turned off and on, but PlayMemories Mobile no longer connects with the Wi-Fi signal.This may occur with some Android smartphones and tablets if the camera was previously turned off while PlayMemories Mobile was is use. The error message below appears on the smartphone or tablet screen approximately
- When can the camera use the NFC function?The NFC function of this camera can be used when the NFC active icon is displayed on the LCD screen of the camera. NOTE: Unlock the screen of the smartphone before touching it on the camera.
- Movies recorded with the camera include camera operating sounds and noise that I did not hear during recording.Due to the lens and camera structure, some internal operating sounds may be recorded in movies. The sounds are inaudible in most recording environments but are easier to hear where it is very quiet. Check the following
- Can I control the camera from a computer connected through a USB cable?You can control the camera from a computer when connected with a USB cable. This is known as tethered shooting. You need to install the Imaging Edge application on your computer to use it for tethered shooting.