Questions & Answers: 124
- Where can I find the firmware update for my camera or camcorder?Information about the availability of firmware updates and other camera applications / software can be found under Firmware / Software section of your camera model support page: If a firmware update is available
- How do I register a Sony product?Please click on the links below to register your product in your locale. Australia New Zealand Singapore Malaysia Indonesia Thailand (ไทย) Vietnam (Việt Nam) India Taiwan (台灣) South Korea (한국) Hong Kong Note: Online
- The Web app will not start from any device using the Android 11 operating system (ILME-FR7)The Android 11 operating system does not support mDNS so the Web app will not start even if you read the QR code or enter the QR code URL manually. Use a computer, tablet, or smartphone with the iPadOS 15 or Android
- The camera cannot be controlled using the VISCA over IP protocol or the RM-IP500 remote. (ILCE-FR7)Please see the RM-IP500 instructions in the Troubleshooting chapter of the Help Guide.
- What are the default user name and password when connecting to the Web app for the first time on the ILME-FR7?The default user name and password are: User name: admin Password: (blank) See Initializing the Unit chapter of the product Help Guide. You are asked to set a new password the first time the camera is powered up
- How many types of preset positions can be stored in the ILME-FR7?100 types of preset positions can be stored. Those stored positions can be recalled by remote control: Supplied Infrared remote control: 3 out of the 100 (PRESET 1, 2, and 3) Web app or RM-IP500: All 100
- Can I control the ILME-FR7 with the VISCA RS-232 or RS-422 protocol?You cannot control the camera with the VISCA RS-232 or RS-422 protocols. However, you can use the VISCA over IP protocol to control the camera.
- If I have forgotten the password I used when connecting to the Web app, how can I reset it? (ILME-FR7)In the Help Guide, look in the Location and Function of Parts section, and then in the Connector Block chapter find the RESET switch and setup switches instructions. Use those instructions to reset the network connection
- Where can I buy a new or replacement remote control, cables, power parts and other accessories.If you're looking to purchase a new remote control, cables, power parts, accessories, or spare parts for your Sony Television, Audio or Digital Imaging products, get in touch with our official Spare Parts distributors
- How to transfer pictures or movies from the camera or camcorder to a computer using USB connectionSelect the appropriate computer operating system for the procedure to transfer pictures or movies using a USB connection: Make sure the camera supports USB connectivity and the operating system installed on your