IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products (Android TVs) and/or operating systems. Please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- You can only download apps that are compatible with TVs. They may differ from apps for smartphones/tablets.
To check apps that are installed or can be installed on the TV, refer to the following.
- An Internet connection and Google account are required to download apps from the Google Play.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select the Google Play Store app in the Apps category.
NOTE for Android™ 8.0 Oreo™: If Google Play Store is not in the Apps category, select Apps and then select Google Play Store or Get more apps.
You will then be taken to Google's applications store: Google Play, where you can browse for applications, and download and install them on your TV.
- In the Google Play Store screen, use the navigation buttons of the TV remote control and select the Search icon.
Use the microphone on the remote control or the on-screen keyboard on the TV to search the name of the app that you want to install.
Using Voice search
When the microphone icon is red, say the name of the app you want to search for into the microphone on the remote control.
Using the on-screen keyboard
If the microphone icon is red, press the right arrow button on the remote control twice. The on-screen keyboard is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: The Google Play Store app may automatically display the apps that correspond to your search phrase.
From the search results, select the app that you wish to install. And then select Install.
- The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model or firmware version.
- Google Play on the TV only displays apps that are supported by the TV, so apps that are not displayed are not supported at the moment.
Related article: How do I uninstall applications on the Android TV?
*Google, Android, Android TV, Google Play and other related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC; Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. group.