IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
Voice search and Google Assistant
Android TV™ has a voice recognition feature. This feature is called voice search and allows you to input commands into the TV using your voice. If your TV has it built-in, you can ask Google Assistant for help.
Whether the TV supports Google Assistant varies depending on your region or language. For details, refer to the Supported countries/regions/languages and how to use Google Assistant article. For how to use the voice search function, refer to the How do I use the voice search function? article.
Hands-free voice search Experience (only TVs with a built-in MIC)
If your TV has a built-in MIC and "Ok Google" detection setting, you can use the voice search function or operate the TV hands-free.
- How to confirm if your TV has a built-in MIC:
Go to your product support page and refer to the Specifications section. If your TV has a built-in MIC, (Built-in Mic) Yes is displayed in the VOICE SEARCH section.
- How to confirm if your TV supports "Ok Google" detection setting:
"Ok Google" detection support varies depending on your region or language. For details, please refer to the Supported languages and how to use the built-in MIC article.
- Even if your TV does not have a built-in MIC and "Ok Google" detection setting, you can use the voice search function by using the remote control.
- Google Assistant and voice search both require an Internet connection.
- If your TV supports Google Assistant, you can ask Google Assistant hands-free.