The Walkman uses parts that consume a lot of power to play with high sound quality, and heat will be generated during use. Additionally, keeping the screen on for a long time, high-resolution sound playback, DSEE HX operation, and high-volume playback can all cause an increase in heat.
Follow these steps when the player becomes hot:
- Turn off the player when not in use.
- Lower the volume.
- Set the Sleep setting to within one minute.
Select Settings — Display — Sleep, then set the time.
- Lower the display brightness.
Select Settings — Display — Brightness, then lower the brightness.
- Turn off some or all of the sound quality settings.
- Select Sound adjustment.
- Turn off all sound quality settings such as Equalizer, DSEE HX, and DC Phase Linearizer.
- Turn off Wi-Fi when not in use.
Select Settings — Network & Internet — Wi-Fi, then set it to OFF.
- Close all unused apps.
- Take care using the player if the screen lights have been on for a long time as the player may be hot
- Do not place the player in an airtight bag or wrap it in cloth as either can cause the player to become hot