IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Before you start
- You can only operate the Soundbar using TV remote control when connected via HDMI cable and with the Control for HDMI function enabled. The following operations can be used with the TV remote control:
- Power On/Off: You can turn the TV On or Off and the Soundbar will turn On or Off at the same time
- Volume adjustment: You can adjust the volume of the Soundbar when it is selected in the audio output setting of the TV.
- This function will not work if you connect the Soundbar to the TV using an optical cable or composite audio cable.
If the Soundbar will not turn on at the same time as the TV, try the following steps:
- Make sure that you make the appropriate connection based on the model of the TV and the Soundbar. Using the HDMI cable (B), connect the HDMI IN (ARC or eARC) port on the TV (A) and the HDMI OUT (ARC or eARC) port on the Soundbar (C).
Note: Depending on the model, names and operations may vary or some settings may be unavailable. For details, refer to the manual of the TV or Soundbar.
- A: HDMI IN (ARC or eARC/ARC)
- B: HDMI cable (high-speed HDMI cable)
- C: HDMI OUT (ARC or eARC/ARC)
- Set the BRAVIA Sync control to On.
Note: If your TV is other than a BRAVIA TV, check the supplied manuals to search the settings related to the HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) function and set it to On. For BRAVIA TV models, choose Enable from the BRAVIA Sync device list. Enabling the BRAVIA Sync device list on a BRAVIA TV
- Set the Control for HDMI to On. To turn on the Control for HDMI function, follow these steps according to your model:
- Turn off both the TV and the Soundbar.
- Turn on the TV using the TV remote control.
- Turn on the Soundbar using the Soundbar remote control.
- Turn off both the TV and the Soundbar using TV remote control. Once the TV and the Soundbar can be turned off at the same time, you will be able to turn them both on and off the next time.
If you completed all the steps and the issue is not resolved, please Contact Us for further support as service may be required, or the remote may need to be replaced.